.bz cavetubing WITH zip lining

mitsugirly

Everyone always talks about cavetubing when in Belize but you never hear many talk about the combo cavetubing AND zip lining while here.

We have cave tubed with .bz before and we loved them and wanted to book with them again.

We were thinking about booking the cavetubing AND the ziplining...but still not much info on it.

Has anyone did the ziplining with them? I know they say it is close to the cavetubing area, but I have also read that the lines could be long. I believe we are the only ship there that day. I also read that because of this, it sounded as if you would be "rushed" during the cavetubing portion. The site states "If you choose to do the combination, your cave tubing tour will be slightly shorter in time because there will not be as much time for all the information about the flor and fauna, or a casual hike through the jungle. You will still get everything, though, as long a cave tubing tour as usual." I do know that them stopping and telling us about everything really made the trip worthwhile. We got to taste plants, termites, and was told about what various plants are used for. My oldest daughter, her bf and my grandson will be along on this trip and they have never done it before. I really wouldn't want them to miss out on all of the great info and "tasting" experiences.

How is this zip line? We have zipped in Roatan with Bodden before and we did not wear any gloves or have to "break" ourselves. When I look at the pictures on .bz of the zip lining, the people have gloves on. Is this one of those zip lines that you have to break yourself using the gloves?

My youngest daughter, who is now 5, went zip lining with us with Bodden, when she was 3 years old, and did it all by herself. According to .bz, they have had children as young as 3 years old zip line. However, if they do need to ride tandem, it mentions that a guide would take them? Why would they not be able to ride tandem with a parent?

Looking for any advice on doing these together and any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Yes we did the zip lining and cave tubing with .BZ (on our own--not on a cruise)

When we went there were NO cruise ships in port, so the place was not busy at all! They told us back in December they set a 1 day zip line course record with 980 people through the course in 1 day!

Just my opinion,lol----We have zip lined a fair bit and found the zip lining there very boring!! They say 10 platforms--Yep there is 10, BUT only 5 lines,lol If you have never zip lined before, it would be a good chance to try it out as it is very tame! Zips are not that long and I think they braked for us on 3 of the 5!! But yes, you must be prepared to brake, thus the gloves. Other posters on here have stated they had to do all the braking! There is a much longer and higher line, but it was part of another package they offer. I'm sure it is a safety regulation with the child having to go with a guide-just a guess.

We loved the Tubing, wish we had not done the Zip lining! But for beginners, it would probably be good! Since it was not busy, we were done the course in no time! When it was over, we were like, wel lthat was kind of boring, and no we are not thril seekers,lol But we have gone upside down--superman at other places

Yes we did the zip lining and cave tubing with .BZ (on our own--not on a cruise)

When we went there were NO cruise ships in port, so the place was not busy at all! They told us back in December they set a 1 day zip line course record with 980 people through the course in 1 day!

Just my opinion,lol----We have zip lined a fair bit and found the zip lining there very boring!! They say 10 platforms--Yep there is 10, BUT only 5 lines,lol If you have never zip lined before, it would be a good chance to try it out as it is very tame! Zips are not that long and I think they braked for us on 3 of the 5!! But yes, you must be prepared to brake, thus the gloves. Other posters on here have stated they had to do all the braking! There is a much longer and higher line, but it was part of another package they offer. I'm sure it is a safety regulation with the child having to go with a guide-just a guess.

We loved the Tubing, wish we had not done the Zip lining! But for beginners, it would probably be good! Since it was not busy, we were done the course in no time! When it was over, we were like, wel lthat was kind of boring, and no we are not thril seekers,lol But we have gone upside down--superman at other places

Thanks for your input. I did some more reading and had seen someone else mention the "10" platforms" but not many zips. So, I'm thinking we might just go ahead and forget about the zip lining part of this tour. I'm not understanding why they charge adults an extra $25 to add the zip, but they charge an extra $35 for kids. Just weird.

We were staying in San Pedro and it was part of a package the hotel put together! We just knew we were seeing ruins, zip lining and cave tubing! When we found out it only had 5 zips, we tried to cancel that part, but was too late. We were very happy no cruise ships were in as its a busy place! And for how short one is on the zips--not worth waiting in line for!! Just my 2 cents! others on here have enjoyed them

We were staying in San Pedro and it was part of a package the hotel put together! We just knew we were seeing ruins, zip lining and cave tubing! When we found out it only had 5 zips, we tried to cancel that part, but was too late. We were very happy no cruise ships were in as its a busy place! And for how short one is on the zips--not worth waiting in line for!! Just my 2 cents! others on here have enjoyed them

Since we have done zip lining before, I'm thinking just 5 zips would disappoint us. So I do think we are just going to not do this part. My oldest daughter will just have to try it somewhere else. :p

Since we have done zip lining before, I'm thinking just 5 zips would disappoint us. So I do think we are just going to not do this part. My oldest daughter will just have to try it somewhere else. :p

Come to Nicaragua!! We have some great zip lines and cheap--$25!! Nica is getting more and more toursitry as time goes on, and believe it or not--safest country in Central America,lol if that means much--and of course not al crime gets reported. But I feel safe here! Lots and lots of beaches! Cheap beer and rum--Very good rum--Flor De Cana. :D

Hey, I just did the cave-tubing and zipline with this company on May 1st! It was so much fun!! There were 7 lines that we did however there was some part that had a nice hike to the next line.

They will decide which one you'll do first depending on how many people are at the park. We did the zipline first and then headed off to the cave and met up with everyone at the bus afterwards. The guides do not want you to waste your time just waiting in line. I highly recommend you going in your swimsuit etc and then after the ziplining give them whatever you don't want to wear tubing.

Yes, you do break yourself on this line. The only reason why I think that you child would need to ride with your guide is for safety reasons. I highly suggest this company as they gave you a lot of information about the Belize.

Archived