Hamburg info?

hrhdhd

Thanks to nordski :), I am now thinking of booking the Aug. 7 Quest cruise from Hamburg to Southampton.

Can someone tell me about the logistics of boarding the ship in Hamburg? Where does the ship dock? Actually in Hamburg or on the outskirts somewhere? Can a single traveler who overpacks manage the trip from a Hamburg hotel?

Info appreciated. :)

Thanks to nordski :), I am now thinking of booking the Aug. 7 Quest cruise from Hamburg to Southampton.

Can someone tell me about the logistics of boarding the ship in Hamburg? Where does the ship dock? Actually in Hamburg or on the outskirts somewhere? Can a single traveler who overpacks manage the trip from a Hamburg hotel?

Thanks for the reference, and wish I could provide advice. Looks like a great cruise!

Hello Hrhdhd -

I'll seek out that information for you and report it on this thread.

Thank you for vacationing with Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks for the reference, and wish I could provide advice. Looks like a great cruise!

Yeah, I told you not before May 2015, but this one will work perfectly with my August break. And with the "sale" and the 125% single supplement, what's not to love?

Bill L., I shall keep my eyes peeled for your next post. Thanks in advance.

And with the "sale" and the 125% single supplement, what's not to love?

Bill L., I shall keep my eyes peeled for your next post. Thanks in advance.

Hello Hrhdhd -

I'm pleased to let you know that the Azamara Quest will be berthed for the 2013 voyages at the Hamburg Cruise Center, Hafen City.

Address:

Großer Grasbrook/Chicagokai

20457 Hamburg

This location is excellent and as the crow flies a mile from city center.

More first-rate information is available at the Hamburg Cruise Center website:

http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/en/content/cruise-terminals

http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/en/content/hamburg-cruise-center-hafencity

I hope that you decide to pack your bags so that we can welcome you onboard!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill:

Danke for the info. As you can see from my signature, I have indeed booked the August 7 Quest cruise! This information is welcome news.

Thanks for getting back to the thread with the info.

• 7 months later...

Can anyone tell me where the 2014 June 14 Journey will leave from? And what time of day shall we be prepared to embark? I ask because we are trying to plan our time in Hamburg. Thank you!

"Hamburg has two principal cruise ship terminals, both under construction, with further development planned. The upriver berth is at HafenCity, a rapidly developing residential, office building, cultural and entertainment district cleared of former industrial buildings and commercial docks. It is located to the south of the city center, behind the rebuilt Victorian brick warehouse buildings destroyed during World War II, which now house museums, restaurants and offices.

The all-new Hamburg Cruise Center's Altona terminal opened in 2011. It's located a half-mile downriver from the Landungsbrucken (a long, floating pontoon landing), where the historic ships are berthed and where cruise ships used to dock."

Can anyone tell me where the 2014 June 14 Journey will leave from? And what time of day shall we be prepared to embark? I ask because we are trying to plan our time in Hamburg. Thank you!

They post information relative to all of their embarkation ports--including Hamburg--here...

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/after-booking/helpful-information/directions-embarkation-ports

When you do Online Check-In for your cruise, you will be provided with a suggested boarding time... That said, it's generally during the afternoon of embarkation day and--if the ship is not overnighting at Hamburg as part of your itinerary--several hours prior to sail-away...

Edited by Xport

Re Hamburg Port,

We did an Azamara cruise that embarked from Hamburg this year. The taxi from the Marriott or Renaissance (they are withing a block of each other) to the cruise terminal was nominal. 10 or 15 Euros and about a 10 minute ride. There are even closer hotels.