We arrive on Sunday afternoon... what to do?

alligeek

Hello everyone,

We arrive in Bermuda in less than two weeks (yay!), but we won't get there until 3 pm on Sunday (boo?). Knowing that transportation is somewhat limited without the ferries running, what would you do with your Sunday afternoon?

A little background on us:

- Traveling with a 3 year old

- Planning on buying bus/ferry passes

- Must-do items include Horseshoe Bay and Hamilton

Thanks!

You could grab a transportation pass and head to Horseshoe Bay. The bus ride is about 30 minutes each way and you could get 2-3 hours in at Horseshoe before dark. Not sure the water will be warm enough for swimming, though. You could also grab a bus and head to Gibbs Lighthouse for a great view of the island.

You could grab a transportation pass and head to Horseshoe Bay. The bus ride is about 30 minutes each way and you could get 2-3 hours in at Horseshoe before dark. Not sure the water will be warm enough for swimming, though. You could also grab a bus and head to Gibbs Lighthouse for a great view of the island.

Just a little heads, the OP arrives in Bermuda at 3:00pm, and lets say clears the cruise ship by 3:30PM, buys a transportation pass and boards a bus to Horseshoe Bay.

On Sundays, the last regularly scheduled bus that does Hamilton > Dockyard departs Hamilton at 4:30pm which puts the bus at HSB at about 5:00PM.

If you are willing to take a taxi back then going to HSB and staying until dark is OK, but remember that there is a 25% surcharge on Sunday taxi fares.

SBtS

On Sundays, the last regularly scheduled bus that does Hamilton > Dockyard departs Hamilton at 4:30pm which puts the bus at HSB at about 5:00PM.

Thanks! That's what I'm worried about. I'm sure we'll get to HSB, but it's the getting back to the dockyard that has me kind of nervous.

If cabs are readily available, no problem, but I have visions of walking along the road with an overtired preschooler on the way back. It's nothing a top at the Frog & Onion wouldn't cure, but still... I'd love to avoid that scenario.

Thanks! That's what I'm worried about. I'm sure we'll get to HSB, but it's the getting back to the dockyard that has me kind of nervous.

If cabs are readily available, no problem, but I have visions of walking along the road with an overtired preschooler on the way back. It's nothing a top at the Frog & Onion wouldn't cure, but still... I'd love to avoid that scenario.

There was a little sprinkler park right by Snorkle Park as well..... I would stick to Dockyard..... There is a nice walk to a sea glass beach as well....a little over a mile each way.......you could look at sea glass and do a little wading in the water......

Or if your ship has a sunset cruise that might be a good idea with a jacket...and a blanket:)

I have already swam this year in Bermuda...it was not too cold for me:), just an evening sunset cruise might get a little chilly:)

If you decide to stay out at Dockyard for the afternoon, you might also consider the new mini golf course there as well. Looks like fun for adults and a 3 year old, and there is a bar in the midst of it for a mid round swizzle or dark and stormy.

bermuda2_i00017c.jpg

Archived