Weather in Hawaii for Sept. or Oct.?

Conanc

I was wondering if Sept./October was a good time to go to Hawaii. Seems like their rainy season begins in November. Typically are the seas any calmer this time of year? Thanks!

You never can be sure about weather, but we've always loved those months going to and from Hawaii. We cruised from Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Ensenada in Sept-Oct of 2003, and we're doing it again this fall on Carnival Spirit. Weather was great last time!

I was wondering if Sept./October was a good time to go to Hawaii. Seems like their rainy season begins in November. Typically are the seas any calmer this time of year? Thanks!

Last year, rainy season didnt start in November as hoped! We had hot weather right until Christmas.

There is no varience in weather from June and deep into November. They are all fine months to visit. The most unpredictable months are Jan-Mar but those are my favorite months of the year here...so there you go.

As I mentioned in another thread, in Nov '03 we had cold weather and rough seas crossing from Ensenada to Hilo. Weather sailing around Hawaii was great, temps in the 70's and 80's and smooth seas. In Nov '04, the crossing at the same time of year was fantastic with smooth seas and warm sunny days. A crossing in Oct of '98 was great while in Hawaii, but the seas were rough and weather not conducive to being out on deck while crossing back to Ensenada. There are no guarantees as far as weather is concerned. September is hurricane season in Hawaii, Iniki devastated Kauai in Sept of '92.

Archived