Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

Poor room steward having to change the sheets 2-3 times a day. I mean would you want to sleep in the same bed immediately after one of your co-workers slept (or god only knows what) in it?:eek:

:D I guess you just failed your admission test to the submarine service.

Hmmmm doesn't the service provider (i.e. Carnival) have accountability and responsibility for providing the service contracted for? But, of course, there is that wonderful cruise contract designed to allow the service provider to avoid accountability and responsibility. :rolleyes:

Maybe the travelling public should take your advice about personal accountability and responsibility, Sarge, and just avoid the cruise industry altogether.

:D Hey. I've been looking to buy a new boat - maybe the Sunshine will be on the market once all those people lacking personal accountability and responsibility leave and never come back. :p

Fantasy is for sale.

On a inaugural cruise, one can reasonable expect problems and cruise lines should add staff to be prepared for it...

They do. That's why everyone has to agree to the cruise contract. Same as any other cruise line.

What does a cruise contract have to due with a cruise line adding extra staff to anticipate problems on a inaugural cruise? Not being a Monday morning quarterback, just common sense to do this.

Hmmmm doesn't the service provider (i.e. Carnival) have accountability and responsibility for providing the service contracted for? But, of course, there is that wonderful cruise contract designed to allow the service provider to avoid accountability and responsibility. :rolleyes:

Maybe the travelling public should take your advice about personal accountability and responsibility, Sarge, and just avoid the cruise industry altogether.

:D Hey. I've been looking to buy a new boat - maybe the Sunshine will be on the market once all those people lacking personal accountability and responsibility leave and never come back. :p

The cruise contracts, like many contracts, start out simple and then each frivolous lawsuit tends to add words and complexity. I have little doubt the cruise industry would be better off, and the price of my cruises cheaper, if ambulance chasers and their clients would take land vacations.

The ships will still sail full.

Speaking of pleasing everyone, I do love your reviews. Are you going to be spending a few days over in Europe before you board the Sunshine?

Thank you. Just one day before - probably sleeping in the hotel before the marathon picture taking begins. Besides - it looks like rain.

In September we fly back for a Carnival Legend cruise and will be spending a few days before and after.

Thank you. Just one day before - probably sleeping in the hotel before the marathon picture taking begins. Besides - it looks like rain.

In September we fly back for a Carnival Legend cruise and will be spending a few days before and after.

Enjoy your cruise, hope the weather holds out for you. Can't wait to see some real pictures!

Eliminates any need to do so.

You can't please everyone.

Really do not understand your answer, as I don't understand why you stated that Cruise Critics polls are biased (against Carnival?) that you posted on the Carnival board...

Thank you. Maybe a little rain will fill the pool? I can't believe almost no pictures have been posted.
But we can be assured that the pics will be forthcoming, right..??!!:p;)

By the time we sail the Sunshine in September, all these issues will be over.. hopefully! :rolleyes::)

We too, were Castaways from the 'original' inaugural...

But we can be assured that the pics will be forthcoming, right..??!!:p;)

By the time we sail the Sunshine in September, all these issues will be over.. hopefully! :rolleyes::)

We too, were Castaways from the 'original' inaugural...

Absolutely.

I know Sarge is leaving in a few days.

What I don't know is who is going to take over and keep you clowns in line while he is gone ??????

Have a good one -- Sarge !!!

Hopefully the ship will have the new unlimited Internet plans and I can play while the pictures are uploading.

Thank you!

I don't think that Carnival would make getting the Internet up and running on the Sunshine their top priority. It's really not in their best interest, is it?

It's a source of revenue and besides, some ship functions depend on it being available. But even in Europe they have these neat things called Internet Cafes. Not sure if they have ever made it to USA.

I'm sure the crew will know where the best and cheapest ones are.

It's a source of revenue and besides, some ship functions depend on it being available. But even in Europe they have these neat things called Internet Cafes. Not sure if they have ever made it to USA.

The ports are busy and some require a lot of travel time so being able to get a service on board that should be available for purchase would come in handy, don't you agree?

Wasting time in European ports that I may never get to again looking for an Internet Cafe would not make me happy.

That's why I go to Europe - internet cafe architecture!

Hmmm, the Sistine Chapel or Luigi's Surf Shack - decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

The ports are busy and some require a lot of travel time so being able to get a service on board that should be available for purchase would come in handy, don't you agree?

Wasting time in European ports that I may never get to again looking for an Internet Cafe would not make me happy.

This isn't my first rodeo. Been to most of the ports before. How often do ruins change? :p

I expect the Internet is operational on the ship but won't have a hissy fit or demand compensation if it isn't.

Well, I will be on the second cruise as well. Anyone familiar with me knows that I tell it like it is. I am certainly not looking for problems. I really want everything to be done and working properly. I am taking a first time cruiser with me so having the ship and features completely functional is a concern. However, in no way will minor problems get in the way of us having a great cruise. This is also my fourth Med cruise so I am looking forward to the ship as well. I do wish I knew more of what the progress is with the ship so I can manage my expectations a little. We fly out tomorrow so we shall see how it goes.

Well, looks like Dave will be going back to the ship on Friday to help sort the remaining techie issues.

Again though, nothing you can see, just hidden sort of systems, wiring stuff.

Archived