100.00 off coupon

taillon

Has anyone used these coupons?

I have been seeing coupons that are worth 100.00

You get them from The Entertainment Book I have seen them on E-Bay and on another message board I have read where cruises are useing them.

My question is

Can you use them if you booked through Sams Club?

or Do you have to book throught Carnival?

to use them

I actually tried using my entertainment coupon through Carnival, and the "entertainment" rate was much more expensive (even with the $100 off) than the Carnival rate. The lady said that, in order to use the entertainment coupon, you had to book under the "entertainment" rate, which is higher most of the time. So, needless to say, I did not use my coupon, and my opinion is that these coupons are useless. Hope this helps.

We booked our Victory cruise for next feb. At the end of my conversation with the Carnival TA i mentioned I hade the entertainment book coupon and $100 was taken off the cruise as soon as they received the coupon by mail. FYI i also used the entertainment coupon for the Miami holiday inn (which picks you up at the airport and takes you tothe hotel and then brings you to the port of miami (all for free). The rate per night was only $94!

For the most part any coupon from any company is going to be more expensive than just shopping around and finding a good deal. The coupons are basically set up for people that arent really savvy cruise shoppers.

:confused: I consider myself a very savvy shopper and I used my Entertainment coupon while booking with a Carnival PVP. The coupon was taken off without any fuss.

I had spent quite a bit of time and energy searching for a better fare and it just wasn't out there for the cruise that I needed to book. I mailed the coupon in and it's value was credited to my account before I made final payment. Since that time, the price has dropped and I called Carnival and received a credit back to my CC for the difference. Definitely worth a phone call and 37 cents.:D

I have one of the entertainment books and never knew it was in there. It's always worth a try, but would I be able to use it since I have already booked? I haven't made final payment yet and I booked directly with Carnival. From what I read on the coupon the $100 is for 2 people off of 7 day cruise right? DH and I are booked on a 5 day, so I think I'd only save $50 if I read that correctly. At any rate $50 bucks is $50 bucks if they take the coupon.

Dawn

:confused: I consider myself a very savvy shopper and I used my Entertainment coupon while booking with a Carnival PVP. The coupon was taken off without any fuss.

I had spent quite a bit of time and energy searching for a better fare and it just wasn't out there for the cruise that I needed to book. I mailed the coupon in and it's value was credited to my account before I made final payment. Since that time, the price has dropped and I called Carnival and received a credit back to my CC for the difference. Definitely worth a phone call and 37 cents.:D

Im glad they worked out great for you.

I had forgotten all about the Carnival coupon being in the Entertainment book. I e-mailed my TA and she was able to get me another $65 off of our total. I just have to mail the coupon into Carnival.

The coupon states that it's not good with any other promo's but since our two category upgrade was only worth $35 they credited the difference. This board rocks, thanks to all.

I actually tried using my entertainment coupon through Carnival, and the "entertainment" rate was much more expensive (even with the $100 off) than the Carnival rate. The lady said that, in order to use the entertainment coupon, you had to book under the "entertainment" rate, which is higher most of the time. So, needless to say, I did not use my coupon, and my opinion is that these coupons are useless. Hope this helps.

There was a thread on this awhile back. Might as well mail it in and see, but I received a letter saying the coupon wasn't valid, and to call a PVP. Did so, and like Ranger, was told that the price I originally booked at was much, much lower than what it would be if I used the coupon.

Give it a shot though, what do you have to lose except .37 for the stamp

When we sailed the Destiny last year half the cabins we had were oceanview. We got the group rate on the cruise, upgrades to highest available cabins categories and the four oceanview cabins either used the E-book coupons or AARP coupons. Worked great for us.

Has anyone used these coupons?

I have been seeing coupons that are worth 100.00

You get them from The Entertainment Book I have seen them on E-Bay and on another message board I have read where cruises are useing them.

My question is

Can you use them if you booked through Sams Club?

or Do you have to book throught Carnival?

to use them

If you look on the back it gives a code for Travel Agents to use when redeeming. I book through Sams Club and my agent said I just need to send a copy to their accounting department for verification. He then told me they usually take them. I don't remember the back of the coupon saying anything about having to be used with a "special rate"

When I went to the website...it seemed that their were different books for different areas. Does anyone know if this coupon is in every entertainment book? Also, it says the book is effective until 11/1/05 and our cruise will not be until the end of november. Do you think as long as I use it before then it will be valid? Thanks.

I had no problem using one on the 4 day I have booked over Labor Day. It was only good for $50 off, but 50 is 50! However mine said for cruises departing prior to Dec. 31,2005. Does anyone have any coupons dated after that? I'm looking for one for a cruise next April.

Good Luck!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

When I went to the website...it seemed that their were different books for different areas. Does anyone know if this coupon is in every entertainment book? Also, it says the book is effective until 11/1/05 and our cruise will not be until the end of november. Do you think as long as I use it before then it will be valid? Thanks.

There is a section in every book that has national advertising. This should be the same across the US, also includes coupons for rental cars, other cruise lines, etc.

The majority of the book is dedicated to local advertisers and this is why they are sold by cities but I'm certain you would find the Carnival coupon in all of them. I guess you could e-mail them to be sure.

Good luck!

There is a section in every book that has national advertising. This should be the same across the US, also includes coupons for rental cars, other cruise lines, etc.

The majority of the book is dedicated to local advertisers and this is why they are sold by cities but I'm certain you would find the Carnival coupon in all of them. I guess you could e-mail them to be sure.

Good luck!

THANKS!:)

Archived