Help with finding a good room.

luvcdays

We want to sail on CCL Liberty in March 2014 and need to find a balcony cabin with a sofa for 2 adults & an inside room across the hall that sleeps 2 adults with 1 child.

I have been looking at the deck plans and am having a hard time locating an inside that sleeps 3. We prefer to have all staterooms above and below us for less noise (as I am a light sleeper) and midship because of one in our party get seasick :eek:.

Maybe if they had a family suite with a balcony, that would be ok also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Liberty has the Captain's Suite, which holds 5. There are two on the ship.

The only problem...they are all the way forward.

But, it's an option.

We want to sail on CCL Liberty in March 2014 and need to find a balcony cabin with a sofa for 2 adults & an inside room across the hall that sleeps 2 adults with 1 child.

I have been looking at the deck plans and am having a hard time locating an inside that sleeps 3. We prefer to have all staterooms above and below us for less noise (as I am a light sleeper) and midship because of one in our party get seasick :eek:.

There are plenty of insides that sleep 3 people. The problem is finding one with a 2-person balcony directly across the hall where you want it. The best option I can see is on deck 7: 7352 & 7350. Not directly across the hall, but only one down. On deck 8, there are a couple options that are directly across the hall from each other, and have only staterooms both above & below: 8230/8228 or 8231/8229 or 2 rooms up from each of those. Problem with those is that they are in the forward part, not midship.

Keep in mind that Carnival's website will not show every available room. If you find something on the deck plans that look like it would work for you, call them and ask if those 2 rooms are available. The only 5-person rooms on this ship are those super expensive Captains Suites at the very front of the ship.

3-person inside rooms are set up very awkwardly. If the lower beds are together, there is very little floor space, and one person will have a difficult time getting out of bed (the upper bunk will be halfway above them, ladder at the foot of the bed, blocking an already awkward side exit). If the lower beds are kept separate, it opens up the middle of the room, making everything easier on everyone. A 3-person balcony is a much better setup, as the sofa is used as the bed, separate from the main beds, so there's no awkward setup.

Another possible option is to put 3 people in an ocean suite on Deck 7. There are 8 ocean suites there that are directly midship, all of which sleep 3, and there are several 2-person insides (no 3-person insides) directly across the hall from those. Let us know what you decide. :)

Edited by k2excursion

Contact Carnival and tell them you want to get in contact with a PVP to help you with your room choices. They have access to all the available rooms on the ship, not just the ones that show up online. I was on the Liberty and did 2 connecting balcony rooms for my family. One for 2 and one for 3. It was only a little bit more then putting the kids in an interior. My PVP found the rooms for me. Not sure on your budget but something to look into. Have the divider opened on the balcony and it adds so much more to your "living space"for the week.

Enjoy the Liberty, she's a great ship. I would sail her again in a heartbeat :D

7352 balcony double & 7350 inside for 3

-or-

7380 balcony double & 7386 inside for 3

Empress deck mid-ship location with cabins both above and below.

We just returned from the Liberty 3 wks ago and had a balcony double and an inside across the hall in this same location. It was a very, very quiet area and convenient to the mid-ship or back elevators. If the rooms do not show available online, it's worth giving Carnival a call as sometimes they only display a block of cabins at one time even though more are available.

:)

Good luck.

Liberty has the Captain's Suite, which holds 5. There are two on the ship.

The only problem...they are all the way forward.

But, it's an option.

Thanks for the information. That room would be great except watching my DD be sick the whole time would take away from the fun :( Maybe she'll outgrow it someday!

When you are ready to book, your travel agent or your Carnival rep can help find a triple for the inside.

Yeah, haven't had much luck with either of them. They don't seem too informed and sitting on the phone with them for an hour is no fun!

Instead I can just ask the experts on Cruise Critic!

There are plenty of insides that sleep 3 people. The problem is finding one with a 2-person balcony directly across the hall where you want it. The best option I can see is on deck 7: 7352 & 7350. Not directly across the hall, but only one down. On deck 8, there are a couple options that are directly across the hall from each other, and have only staterooms both above & below: 8230/8228 or 8231/8229 or 2 rooms up from each of those. Problem with those is that they are in the forward part, not midship.

Keep in mind that Carnival's website will not show every available room. If you find something on the deck plans that look like it would work for you, call them and ask if those 2 rooms are available. The only 5-person rooms on this ship are those super expensive Captains Suites at the very front of the ship.

3-person inside rooms are set up very awkwardly. If the lower beds are together, there is very little floor space, and one person will have a difficult time getting out of bed (the upper bunk will be halfway above them, ladder at the foot of the bed, blocking an already awkward side exit). If the lower beds are kept separate, it opens up the middle of the room, making everything easier on everyone. A 3-person balcony is a much better setup, as the sofa is used as the bed, separate from the main beds, so there's no awkward setup.

Another possible option is to put 3 people in an ocean suite on Deck 7. There are 8 ocean suites there that are directly midship, all of which sleep 3, and there are several 2-person insides (no 3-person insides) directly across the hall from those. Let us know what you decide. :)

This is exactly the type of info I was looking for! The inside room does not have to be exactly opposite of our room, but would like it close.

Unfortunately, we won't be spending $ on a Suite since we are paying for our entire family to fly to the port, the pre-hotel and the cruise :eek:

I guess I have more checking to do.

Thank you very much!

Contact Carnival and tell them you want to get in contact with a PVP to help you with your room choices. They have access to all the available rooms on the ship, not just the ones that show up online. I was on the Liberty and did 2 connecting balcony rooms for my family. One for 2 and one for 3. It was only a little bit more then putting the kids in an interior. My PVP found the rooms for me. Not sure on your budget but something to look into. Have the divider opened on the balcony and it adds so much more to your "living space"for the week.

Enjoy the Liberty, she's a great ship. I would sail her again in a heartbeat :D

Thanks. We love the amenities on the Liberty also. We don't spend a lot of time in our rooms and we always end up in the same space, that's why I wanted to only splurge on one balcony room. I love watching my DH (Papa) and our 6 yo Granddaughter, who both get up the earliest, sitting out on the balcony just talking! It's great quality time for the both of them :)

7352 balcony double & 7350 inside for 3

-or-

7380 balcony double & 7386 inside for 3

Empress deck mid-ship location with cabins both above and below.

We just returned from the Liberty 3 wks ago and had a balcony double and an inside across the hall in this same location. It was a very, very quiet area and convenient to the mid-ship or back elevators. If the rooms do not show available online, it's worth giving Carnival a call as sometimes they only display a block of cabins at one time even though more are available.

:)

Good luck.

Awesome! Thank you. Hope you had a great cruise!!

Thank you for your help. It was appreciated!

I ended up booking balcony stateroom # 7344 and inside room # 7350. I am still trying to get some information on the balcony for # 7344 like how many chairs or tables, etc. We can't wait for Guy Fieri's burger again!!

• 8 months later...