New to Carnival - Victory or Imagination

Hi to all the experts! I have never sailed on Carnival. I am looking at going away in July to celebrate my 40th - taking along my 10 year old daughter. I am eyeing either the Victory or the Imagination out of Miami. Any opinions on which one? I like Victory's itinerary a bit better - Nassau, Grand Turk and the private island. Imagination is Key West and Cozumel. Any opinions on itinerary - especially for a 10 year old?

We have only ever sailed Disney, so any help would be appreciated!

I think the Victory itinerary is better for a 10yo, but the Imagination has WaterWorks already. There would be more to do on your at sea day on Imagination.

Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are great, easy beach break days.

Nassau has the possibility of Atlantis for the day.

Just a couple things to consider. HTH

I have sailed on the Liberty (sister ship to the Victory) and the Imagination.

While I loved them both, I kind of liked the Imagination better.

Victory is Triumph class and not conquest class like Liberty. While they are similar for sure.. my biggest complaint on Triumph class is the half sized buffet area so it will always be very crowded vs conquest class which has two buffet areas on Lido deck.

Conquest class has fish and chips and a steak restaurant that Victory will not have.

OP both of these ships are older, but the little Imagination to me would be better, though I enjoyed Triumph too. If waterworks appeals to your young one it would be good, but the pool is small. Victory will have a big screen for movies under the stars and two pools.

Having sailed on both ships previously, I chose the Imagination for our next cruise (leaving on Monday!!!). The Triumph Class is my least favorite of all of the Carnival ship classes, largely because of the outdoor decks. They just feel more crowded than either the Fantasy Class or the Dream Class ships. I will give you an updated perspective on the Imagination next week, but from my memories of her (and her sister ship, the Inspiration), the Fantasy Class is less crowded and generally more relaxing than the Triumph Class.

I've sailed on Victory twice and loved it. I have also sailed on three Fantasy class ships (which the Imagination is). If given the choice between a Fantasy class ship like Imagination or the Victory, I would probably chose the Victory unless I liked the itinerary of the fantasy class vessel better.

Hi to all the experts! I have never sailed on Carnival. I am looking at going away in July to celebrate my 40th - taking along my 10 year old daughter. I am eyeing either the Victory or the Imagination out of Miami. Any opinions on which one? I like Victory's itinerary a bit better - Nassau, Grand Turk and the private island. Imagination is Key West and Cozumel. Any opinions on itinerary - especially for a 10 year old?

We have only ever sailed Disney, so any help would be appreciated!

Definitely Victory. I was on Imagination two weeks ago, and while the ship is very clean and the staff friendly, this ship is showing it's age. Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are my favorite ports. You won't find a better beach IMO than you will find at HMC. And Grand Turk has a lot to offer right as you step off the pier--shopping, beach, and Margaritaville are all right there. The pool at Margaritaville is free and they often have free entertainment poolside too. The beach chairs are free and plentiful.

I hope you have a great cruise with your DD.

Half Moon Cay is an awesome beach!! And Grand Turk used to have the flo-rider wave simulator at Margaritaville. Not sure if they still do or not. But when we were there a few years back, it was nice...you could eat, enjoy the pool and for a fee do the simulator.

My son wants to go back to Grand Turk so badly.

Archived