A few questions

acbat1

Does carnival offer diaper genies? If so how do I get one?

Will the dining room purée things for an infant?

Do I need to ask for a high chair in the mdr?

What's the embarkation process?

THANKS

No, they do not have any diaper genies. You have to bring your own bags to dispose of your diapers. You can get a 50 pack of linen scented ones at the store for under $5. We use them all of the time and they work great at reducing the smells.

No, if you need pureed food then you will have to bring it with you.

When they see you with a young child, they will bring a high chair to the table when you are seated. If you have traditional dining then they may have one waiting for you since they will know you need it, but you may have to ask the first night. They have plenty available in the dining room so don't worry.

If you don't have priority status or FTTF to get on the ship quicker then I recommend to arrive very early or after 2 so the lines aren't as long. You will have to walk through the metal detector and then someone will have to hand the baby through to you so the baby passes through the metal detector too. It's a bit of a pain with a little one, but having a stroller and very little to carry on will be your easiest way through it.

Be attentive on the ship when you're pushing your stroller. I had people stepping on our stroller all week and pushing my son out of their way when we were trying to board elevators many times throughout our last cruise. People can be rude and pushy and most don't look down at where they are going when they walk.

No, they do not have any diaper genies. You have to bring your own bags to dispose of your diapers. You can get a 50 pack of linen scented ones at the store for under $5. We use them all of the time and they work great at reducing the smells.

No, if you need pureed food then you will have to bring it with you.

When they see you with a young child, they will bring a high chair to the table when you are seated. If you have traditional dining then they may have one waiting for you since they will know you need it, but you may have to ask the first night. They have plenty available in the dining room so don't worry.

Wow glad I asked. I normally cruise Disney and thought to myself today that these things may be the norm for Disney because they experience so many children. Let me check so I won't be caught off guard and unprepared.

THANKS

hmmmmmmm strange questions...

hmmmmmmm strange questions...

Why are these strange questions? All of these services are offered on Disney so I wanted to see if they are offered on Carnival. And they assign port arrival times in order to try and avoid crowds at the terminal. Is it strange to want to know if another line has the same process?

Wow glad I asked. I normally cruise Disney and thought to myself today that these things may be the norm for Disney because they experience so many children. Let me check so I won't be caught off guard and unprepared.

Disney is very convenient when you're traveling with an infant. My son was right at 14 months when we took him last November and I had to ask the same questions. The Sassy brand blue diaper bags are amazing! We kept the extra trash can in the bathroom because it's a lot larger and used it for throwing the diapers away. We never smelled any diaper smells since the bags are scented and the steward emptied the garbage twice a day.

We did take a few jars of baby food just in case he had trouble eating the food on the ship, but we were able to find plenty of softer foods for him to munch on so we didn't use any of them. They will have high chairs available on the Lido deck too, but you may have to ask someone where to locate one. I'm not sure what ship you are on, but we often found them near the stations where they kept the dirty dishes. When we were on the Legend, they were tucked up against the windows inside the Lido café.

Why are these strange questions? All of these services are offered on Disney so I wanted to see if they are offered on Carnival. And they assign port arrival times in order to try and avoid crowds at the terminal. Is it strange to want to know if another line has the same process?

RCL also has a royal babies program, so its not too strange of a question, but on carnival they dont do much in the way of kids under 2.

Kids under 2 are not charged tips, but most tip some for their babies in cash anyway.

We had a 7 month old on our roll call and the mom said she found lots of stuff for her baby to eat as we chatted during one breakfast. the baby was eating yogurt. I guess he was a very good baby though as he loved the cruise and we passed him around during meet and greet he was such a fun baby.

You can go during the noon hour and play with your baby in camp carnival with the toys if your baby is old enough to enjoy toys.

PS some also bring up a small blow up pool, shower size for their baby since there will be no bath tub.

Disney is very convenient when you're traveling with an infant. My son was right at 14 months when we took him last November and I had to ask the same questions. The Sassy brand blue diaper bags are amazing! We kept the extra trash can in the bathroom because it's a lot larger and used it for throwing the diapers away. We never smelled any diaper smells since the bags are scented and the steward emptied the garbage twice a day.

We did take a few jars of baby food just in case he had trouble eating the food on the ship, but we were able to find plenty of softer foods for him to munch on so we didn't use any of them. They will have high chairs available on the Lido deck too, but you may have to ask someone where to locate one. I'm not sure what ship you are on, but we often found them near the stations where they kept the dirty dishes. When we were on the Legend, they were tucked up against the windows inside the Lido café.

Thanks this is great info. We're on the Glory in June. Writing my packing list and I will surely include the scented bags and some baby food just in case. By the way my name is Erika too spelled the same way.

RCL also has a royal babies program, so its not too strange of a question, but on carnival they dont do much in the way of kids under 2.

Kids under 2 are not charged tips, but most tip some for their babies in cash anyway.

We had a 7 month old on our roll call and the mom said she found lots of stuff for her baby to eat as we chatted during one breakfast. the baby was eating yogurt. I guess he was a very good baby though as he loved the cruise and we passed him around during meet and greet he was such a fun baby.

You can go during the noon hour and play with your baby in camp carnival with the toys if your baby is old enough to enjoy toys.

PS some also bring up a small blow up pool, shower size for their baby since there will be no bath tub.

Definitely need to tip the person dealing with the stinky diapers. Maybe I should implement that policy at home too, I could make a fortune. :D good advice for the bath too thanks

Maybe not strange, but really. I have kids. If you need a highchair and the waiter doesn't ask you if you want one, just ask for one yourself.

Diaper genie's - I wouldn't even think of a cruiseline (other than Disney maybe) offering anything like that. Just pack some diaper waste bags.

Pureed food? I think that's asking alot. Maybe that's just me.

I dunno, my DD was 8 months the first time we took her to Disney for a week. We were able to find plenty of food for her to eat. Brought plenty of our own too and had no issue needing high chairs. I don't expect accommodations like I'm home.

For what it's worth, the embarkation question was a good one. :)

Maybe not strange, but really. I have kids. If you need a highchair and the waiter doesn't ask you if you want one, just ask for one yourself.

Diaper genie's - I wouldn't even think of a cruiseline (other than Disney maybe) offering anything like that. Just pack some diaper waste bags.

Pureed food? I think that's asking alot. Maybe that's just me.

I dunno, my DD was 8 months the first time we took her to Disney for a week. We were able to find plenty of food for her to eat. Brought plenty of our own too and had no issue needing high chairs. I don't expect accommodations like I'm home.

For what it's worth, the embarkation question was a good one. :)

When I asked about the highchair, I was asking do I need to request one prior to arrival like I would have to do if I required the pack and go (crib). Secondly I will say AGAIN. the diaper genie and pureed food is offered on Disney which I frequently cruise and I thought to myself I better see if this is something not offered on Carnival so I can be prepared. I didn't say they should provide these things or accommodate me in any way. Whether they do or not effects what I pack for my child, hence asking the questions.

Cruise Critics is a really great place to get information but it's a shame people can't ask questions here without getting negative responses which in no provide any useful information.

FYI Diapers (swim or regular) are not allowed in the pools either. Kids must be toiled trained to use the pools. Please dont be "that guy" that thinks you can do it anyway.

Yes this I actually do know as the policy is the same for all the cruises I've been on. But since you brought it up :D do you happen to know if the Glory has the little play area for the smaller kids in swim diapers. It's usually like a bunch of water spouts? If not no worries. We are cruising to Canada in June and I don't know if the temps will be warm enough anyway.

We didn't have a baby (yet) when we cruised Glory, so I didn't look for a children's waterplay area. However, we cruised late in the summer and in my opinion it was too cold to use the pools.

Our tablemates were Disney cruisers and they were extremely disappointed with their first time on Carnival. We had fun because the cruise was a crazy cheap last-minute trip and a quick cab ride to the port for us. Enjoyment was definitely a matter of managing our expectations.

Now that we have a baby, we are on the lookout for a last-minute Carnival deal this summer.

Archived