Do you need Insect Repellant?

prairiemom

We have had some sand flea problems in Jamaica and Honduras they are fierce. Of course the usual flies that come around when food is present. We do use repellant on tours, oddly enough the worst bites I have gotten were on buses and cabs.:cool:

"Hint: Roatan's beaches may have sand fleas that leave little red marks after their painless bite. Be sure to pack some Cutters Inspect Repellant specifically for use on Roatan. The sand flea bites don't hurt and you are not aware you are being bitten until in the evening time when small red spots will appear on your legs"

That is from http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/ and Roatan is Honduras by the way :)

For those of you in need of insect repellent try a little known brand that works excellent. It is called Aeroguard. It is jungle strength and was recommended by our relatives in Tahiti. It was vital for us to have an insect repellent that worked because we had two children with us and we were going to be staying with some relatives in Morea where the mosquitos are known for carrying dieases.

It worked so well that we brought home several cans. It has a pleasant smell to it also. It stops mosquitos in their tracks. We actually would watch them land on us and start to put in their probe. After starting to penitrate our skin they would sudden back out and fly away.

I just found out a few weeks ago that it is now available in the U.S. I was directed to an internet site that is from the state of Washington. I will be ordering several cans tomorrow.

I don't know if this is classified as an 'insect repellant'.......but I read somewhere on this board awhile ago that sea lice can be a problem during certain times of the year. This was suggested to help prevent stings under your suit: http://www.lifestylesdirect.com/safesea.cfm?cfid=7630768&cftoken=80687653

I haven't used it......yet. I don't know how accurate this information is, but I thought I'd pass it along.

My boyfriend was on a cruise which stopped in Cozumel a few years ago. There were so many flies at port, that Carnival had to throw out all of the food on deck and even some of the food in the galley, due to the fear of contamination.

The ship was infested! The cruiseline did a good job taking care of the food problem, but you should be prepared that it may happen....

Archived