Need cruise advice

Hi all, we're trying to plan an anniversary cruise in July 2013 for my wife and I (10 years) and my parents (40) years. We're planning on taking our 2 year old twins. Since this is our first vacations since the kids have been born, we want to make sure that we spend our money wisely. I found a Conquest cruise out of New Orleans that may fit our needs, however, I have a couple of questions. First of all, we'll need two connecting cabins for my wife and I, and kids. I found two of them, but they are in the Aft on the Riviera deck, 1436 and 1440. How noisy are they going to be? Is vibration going to be a joy killer? Both my wife and I would like to catch up on some sleep :). Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Id rather have 1422 and 1424 but I guess they are taken? You will feel some floor vibration, all the time. I did and I was a deck higher.

It wasnt much to hear, more something you could feel in the soles of your feet. I was ok with it.. but it was noticeable.

I personally like being near the aft elevator because I choose traditional dining which is almost always assigned in the aft dining room and straight up the aft elevator and you are in the back of the buffet for breakfast.

Hi all, we're trying to plan an anniversary cruise in July 2013 for my wife and I (10 years) and my parents (40) years. We're planning on taking our 2 year old twins. Since this is our first vacations since the kids have been born, we want to make sure that we spend our money wisely. I found a Conquest cruise out of New Orleans that may fit our needs, however, I have a couple of questions. First of all, we'll need two connecting cabins for my wife and I, and kids. I found two of them, but they are in the Aft on the Riviera deck, 1436 and 1440. How noisy are they going to be? Is vibration going to be a joy killer? Both my wife and I would like to catch up on some sleep :). Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi, masteryoda. Any time you choose an aft cabin, you may experience some vibration when the ship is docking. So depending on what time of day the ship docks based on itinerary details, you may or may not experience that vibration while you are sleeping. What time of the morning is the ship scheduled to dock each day, and what time do you usually get up?

That being said, I prefer aft cabins on any deck because it is only a short trip up the elevator to reach the buffet or other food stations. That is a big plus to grab coffee and continental breakfast in the morning, or snacks during other times.

I hope you have a great cruise with lots of family time to make lifetime memories!

Thanks very much for your suggestions. We decided to abandon that particular cruise due to not very exciting stops. We're looking into Breeze out of Miami and they have connecting Balcony cabins, which we're not sure are worth it. We really would like to get connecting oceanview cabins, but Carnival only has ones that occupy 4 people and we would have only 2 per cabin. Very frustrating.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. We decided to abandon that particular cruise due to not very exciting stops. We're looking into Breeze out of Miami and they have connecting Balcony cabins, which we're not sure are worth it. We really would like to get connecting oceanview cabins, but Carnival only has ones that occupy 4 people and we would have only 2 per cabin. Very frustrating.

Even though the cabin says it sleeps four, Carnival will book you into that cabin. But you will have four in a cabin if you take your twin daughters. Children are not free, not even newborns. They will be considered the third and fourth persons in your cabin. So, you could put one in your parent's cabin and one in your cabin, so each cabin has three in it.

With such little ones, oceanview is the way to go, not a balcony. Although the doors are quite heavy to the balcony, and they have glass or plexiglass barriers, I as a two year old climbed up a refrigerator, then climbed down, let myself out a very large oak door and walked down the street. And I was the quiet one.

Have a great cruise! Sorry you aren't going Conquest. They have dolphin swims and the stingray experience. Conquest is a beautiful ship.

Even though the cabin says it sleeps four, Carnival will book you into that cabin. But you will have four in a cabin if you take your twin daughters. Children are not free, not even newborns. They will be considered the third and fourth persons in your cabin. So, you could put one in your parent's cabin and one in your cabin, so each cabin has three in it.

With such little ones, oceanview is the way to go, not a balcony. Although the doors are quite heavy to the balcony, and they have glass or plexiglass barriers, I as a two year old climbed up a refrigerator, then climbed down, let myself out a very large oak door and walked down the street. And I was the quiet one.

Have a great cruise! Sorry you aren't going Conquest. They have dolphin swims and the stingray experience. Conquest is a beautiful ship.

Carnival wouldn't let me book a three person room unless I had three people.

Carnival wouldn't let me book a three person room unless I had three people.

You have six people. you, your wife, your father, your mother and daughter number one and daughter number two. Put one child in with your parents for three and one child in your room for three. Three people each in two cabins. Perfect.

We want to give my parents some privacy, that's why we're getting 4 separate cabins. Besides, my son is not a very good sleeper (we have a twin boy and a girl, not two girls), so we don't want them to suffer :)

We want to give my parents some privacy, that's why we're getting 4 separate cabins. Besides, my son is not a very good sleeper (we have a twin boy and a girl, not two girls), so we don't want them to suffer :)

Lmao. The kid doesn't have to stay with them. They can both stay with you. You just need to BOOK one of the kids with them.

A few other questions, there are some connecting cove balconies available on the Breeze, with midship location. What would be your recommendation regarding those? I'm not worried about the ocean noise, but worried about potentially noise from the 3rd deck. The price difference between those and regular balconies is not that much, so the choice is between lower cabins with less motion, but possibly more noise or higher cabins with more motion and less noise. Thanks again in advance!!!

A few other questions, there are some connecting cove balconies available on the Breeze, with midship location. What would be your recommendation regarding those? I'm not worried about the ocean noise, but worried about potentially noise from the 3rd deck. The price difference between those and regular balconies is not that much, so the choice is between lower cabins with less motion, but possibly more noise or higher cabins with more motion and less noise. Thanks again in advance!!!

Most people prefer cove balconys to regular balconys. They say the way they are shaped the view is less obstructed and they love being on deck 2 closer to the water.

People who were offered free upgrades from cove refused them. You are lucky if they are not sold out on the cruise you are looking at. They must be very high priced to still have some left.

use a site like cruisedeckplans to look at what is above.

I am looking for a belize roatan, exotic western on conquest myself.. roatan is my favorite port.

I think conquest offers better ports.. but breeze the better more fun ship.

A few other questions. How noisy are the cabins near by elevator? I've found 3 cabins that are quite a good distance away and the 4th one near by midship elevators. Based on people's recommendations, it was suggested to book cabins not under galley, so the room near by the elevator is the only one that's available in a more desirable location. Thanks again!!!

Well, we booked the cruise today on the Breeze, yay!!! We decided to go with the Cove balconies due to the location mostly. All four cabins appear to be under the dining room and away from elevators, washing facilities and other places where people may congregate, so hopefully noise will be minimal. Thank you all for your help, really appreciate it!!!

You need to be sure the reservations are connected because you do need the connecting rooms. That way your parents listen for the kids if you go out to a show. Bring a door stop to prop open the door. If you book two OV then the twins could sleep on the couch and you would still have the couch in your parents room for adult conversation. Booking 3 and 3 just makes sense if you need and they wouldn't move you out of the four person room since you are connected.

Our TA told us that the reservations are connected for all rooms. I was already able to pull up all bookings under my Carnival account online. We ended up going with 4 rooms, and kids will have their own room. It just made more sense to have an extra bathroom and extra space, which we'll need since we're planning to bring a full size twin stroller and two car seats.

hi there,

my wife and I have taken 4 cruises with Carnival - 3 in the aft of the ship. It was so noisy when docking (usually 6-7a) this last time, we decided not to be aft anymore. The ocean view is better but the noise and vibrations are not to us. If the kids are up at that time anyway, then I would go for it.

It's a moot point now since you've already booked but I really prefer aft cabins. It's away from the more frequented and noisy midship cabin areas. I've only felt mild vibrations when docking, of course I could sleep through anything.

Archived