Has anyone here ever slept 4 in an Ocean Suite?

We have an Ocean Suite booked for the Splendor in about 10 days, but I was wondering how we are going to fit our 2 small kids into the room. We currently have one child assigned to her grandparents' room, but on other cruises we have switched her to our room after we board. I think our room can only technically sleep 3, but with kids aged 4 and 2, is there any way to sleep them in our room?

I think the sofa folds down into a bed...but I don't know if we have a bunk, I don't think we do. If so, can they bring a rollaway bed in? Do we have options?

The only ships with rollaways are the older ships built before year 2000 that were grandfathered in to allow 5 in a quad.

If your cabin sleeps 3, there will only be 3 beds. What is the configuration? If you look on the deck plans it will show the symbol for which the 3rd bed is. Can the 2 and 4 year old sleep in a twin, one head on each end of the bed? Someone said they managed this way.

If it shows a "convertible sofa" no it does not fold down in any way.. the back pillows come off and voila .. its a twin bed... no folding.

I have a picture of a convertible sofa if that is what it shows.

The orange bed.. see the cushions on the back of it.. the cabin steward just removes them and makes it into a bed at night if its needed. (this is on Magic, but they are all the same sized)

Voyager3272.jpg

Yea, I think we have the convertible sofa. They're little, they can both sleep on that with us in the king bed. It just seems strange that such a large class of cabins, Ocean Suites, can only sleep 3, when most inside cabins can sleep 4.

He's out of the crib now, in a toddler bed. I know they can both fit in a twin bed, it won't be a huge deal.

I guess this is my other question, will guest services still be able to switch my 4 year old, who is currently booked in another cabin, to our cabin, even though we will be 4 in a room that sleeps 3??

I guess this is my other question, will guest services still be able to switch my 4 year old, who is currently booked in another cabin, to our cabin, even though we will be 4 in a room that sleeps 3??

I may not be understanding the question. The 4-year old is assigned to the grandparents room, but will be sleeping in your room. You don't need to let guest services know about that. Not that you're trying to be deceptive; it's just that there's nothing that really needs to be done (that I can see). If you just simply want to get a room key for the 4-year old, they can do that. If the 4-year old is assigned to an upper bunk in the grandparents room, you can let the room steward know that they don't need to make that up; that they can leave the bunk in the ceiling.

I was going to ask the same question the OP asked but for different reasons. I didn't realize until this week that the cabin my sister booked (over a year ago) for my mom, other sister and 2 nephews says that it only fits 3 in the cabin!! We used a PVP at the time who is no longer with Carnival. They are in an ocean suite, but it says online it is only for 3, so not sure how the PVP was able to book them in that cabin or even why, when at the time there were plenty of cabins that sleep 4 available.

Now with the cruise being next week the ship appears to be sold out. My travel agent, who is a friend and who I should have used from the beginning, is looking into it, but at this point, it just seems that my nephews, Mom an sister are just going to be super cramped in this room.

I was going to ask the same question the OP asked but for different reasons. I didn't realize until this week that the cabin my sister booked (over a year ago) for my mom, other sister and 2 nephews says that it only fits 3 in the cabin!! We used a PVP at the time who is no longer with Carnival. They are in an ocean suite, but it says online it is only for 3, so not sure how the PVP was able to book them in that cabin or even why, when at the time there were plenty of cabins that sleep 4 available.

Now with the cruise being next week the ship appears to be sold out. My travel agent, who is a friend and who I should have used from the beginning, is looking into it, but at this point, it just seems that my nephews, Mom an sister are just going to be super cramped in this room.

I think I know the answer to your situation, but it will not apply to the OP's situation. For your ship (Paradise), they are allowed to put trundles or rollaways into some rooms for extra people. So a 3-person room may be able to sleep 4. If you were allowed to book it for 4, then almost certainly a trundle or rollaway has been reserved for your room. It may still be cramped in the "suite", but there is a little more space in there than there is the standard rooms.

For the OP, this will not and cannot apply. OP, you are sailing on the Splendor, and that ship is not allowed to use trundles or rollaways at all. So you cannot request one. If that ship had them, you probably would have been able to book all 4 of you into the 3-person room. Ships built after 2000 are not allowed to use them. Paradise was before 2000, Splendor is after.

Archived