Trunk Bay

kenholt

Can anyone give some info on how to get there,what services are there(food,restrooms,ect),how much time can we spend there with out missing the ship in St Thomas and anoy other helpful hits i need to the trip over.

There is a snack bar & chair rentals, showers, etc. Word of caution the birds are very aggressive about food. We cover food when coming from snack shop & never set it down. A child next to us had a bird come on his towel and snatch his hot dog. It is a great beach.

ken ~ you got good answers on facilities.

On returning to the ship, we typically take a ferry that leaves St. John 3 hours before our ship sails. So if our ship sails at 5:00 PM, we take the 2:00 PM ferry. That gets us back to St. Thomas in about 20 - 25 minutes and then figure another 25 - 30 minutes back to the port (maybe a little longer if you are going to Crown Bay). You can likely make it if you take a ferry that departs 2 hours before your sailing time but I'm not one to cut it close. I'd rather get back to St. Thomas and if we have some extra time, walk around the shops for a bit.

Traffic later in the afternoon on St. Thomas can be heavy.

Have a great time!!!

Archived