Free European excursion questions

Flo71

The cruise I am booked on has 2 free excursions: Oslo Highlights and Alesund Highlights.

I have enquired about paying for my daughter to go on the excursions with us, she is 12, the TA has come back to me and said it will cost $120 per excursion for my daughter.

The excursions are advertised on celebrity as, Alesund Highlights $59,75 adult / $42.75 child and Oslo Highlights $59.75 / $39.75 child.

I can't understand how they can advertise them for this price and then charge me more than double for my daughter to come with us - she is 12 so should be given child prices.

Has anyone ever taken up their offer of free excursions on a promotion, do they usually charge way more than normal for other cabin passengers to be added?

Maybe I would be better to just tell them to book me and DH free on the excursions, then sort out adding my DD when I get onboard - if they can't add her then we will just cancel the excursions.

Why would it be double? I would book the excursions on line for your daughter and get the better rate.

I can't understand the prices the TA has quoted me either.

'The cost of the excursions for your daughter are $120US each, or $240US for both.'

The TA says that Celebrity will add the free excursions and I have to wait for this to happen before I can add my daughter, and the prices above are what she has quoted for adding my daughter to the excursions.

The free drinks package has been added already but no sign of the excursions, I wish it was more straight forward.

I think I would try to book onboard.

A little off topic, but Alesund was our favorite port in Norway, and we toured on our own. We first went to the aquarium, they had a shuttle bus waiting near the ship, then had lunch back on the ship, and finally spent the afternoon exploring, we just loved it there. I think there is an outdoor museum that in retrospect I would have liked to have visited. We went to the outdoor museum in Oslo on a ship tour and only saw the stave church and just one other building out of that giant outdoor museum, I was quite disappointed.

Enjoy Norway! My children and I loved our Norway cruise!

I think I would try to book onboard.

A little off topic, but Alesund was our favorite port in Norway, and we toured on our own. We first went to the aquarium, they had a shuttle bus waiting near the ship, then had lunch back on the ship, and finally spent the afternoon exploring, we just loved it there. I think there is an outdoor museum that in retrospect I would have liked to have visited. We went to the outdoor museum in Oslo on a ship tour and only saw the stave church and just one other building out of that giant outdoor museum, I was quite disappointed.

Enjoy Norway! My children and I loved our Norway cruise!

Thank you, we usually do a mix when we cruise, some excursions and some ports we just do our own thing.

I haven't been to Norway before and was feeling a bit 'so what' about the ports but a friend at work was saying only today how much she loves that part of the world and I am starting to get more interested in the ports.

Approached TA again about this and they have confirmed $240 for our 12 year old to be booked on the excursions. I am pretty disappointed with Celebrity, we charged $100 more for our cruise for the shore excursion rate, now we are being told to take advantage of the two free excursions we will have to pay another $240. From what I can see the 2 excursions if we paid full price would be $59 x 2 plus $30 for my daughter approx for each excursions, so around $300. Having the free excursions will have cost us $100 extra on the cruise rate plus $240 for our daughter so $40 more than just booking and paying for the 3 of us.

Have you tried going directly to the X website and booking for your daughter only? That's what I would do, and if that doesn't work, I'd wait till I was onboard. Their quote is patently ridiculous. In my experience, the onboard staff is much easier to deal with than shoreside staff.

Thanks both, it doesn't show online that hubby and I are booked on the shore excursions but I have been told we are and it won't show online, I don't want to book my daughter on the excursions and then we haven't been booked on them, lol. I think unless the TA can come back to with a solution I will just wait and sort it out onboard.

Archived