MyFitness Pal

I have used the Lose It app and have liked it. Having a hard time navigating around MFP. Anyone else have a problem ? Think having support is soo important It can be such a struggle at times

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, I've been on MFP for over a year. I just love the app and all the support I get from my FL there. Maybe you could give it another try.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the biggest loser at work with teams- most of my team are using MFP with nice results as our team has had the best improvement in our BMI's. I have been using it for 40 days now and plan to keep using it for additional weight loss for my June cruise.

I used MFP a couple of years ago and lost 20lbs :D I was losing the weight for a big family reunion/vacation to Disney - of course I came back to find I had gained 10lbs, we had one of the meal plans and everything was included.

So now I am back on MFP hoping to lose those 10 and another 10 (which was my original goal). I have been horrible about it! I start great - small portions, 30 minutes of walking or stationary bike, lots of water, did my food diary - and then I trail off and find excuses to eat something I should not or to not exercise :(.

I have a hard time trying to figure out calories. It is easy with stuff that's clearly labelled (of course :p), but if I make anything else I try to find a similar food/portion in the database. But I feel like it is not quite right and I get discouraged.

Anyway - I am sirenitas over at MFP, sirenitas@gmail.com

We are booked for Oct and hope by then to have lost 20lbs. But before that - it is my 40th bday in May and I would love to lose 10lbs by then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My team won the biggest loser challenge in work-we had a 36% improvement in our BMIs-personally I've been logged in for 105 days and am down 25 lbs. My goal is to get back to my Lifetime weight watchers weight-just 7 lbs to go!!

My next cruise isn't until Fall 2015, but it is also my goal line :D. I have (had 181lbs to lose. I've lost 38 in the last 2 months. I'm FortWildernessLoopy on MFP and my food diary is open to my friends if anyone wishes to friend me. Lately, I have been taking evening bike rides on the beach. It's almost like being on vacation :D

Edited by dontpanik

I have only been on MFP for about a month. I am down 8 pounds. I started going to a new gym to my area called Get Fit for Women it is a great place. I have gone to gyms before and felt like a failure when I walked in the door. The "beautiful" women parading around looking like they do not need to be in a gym and then not being able to figure out the equipment it just didn't work for me. When I discovered this place I new I was going to love it and see results. I get almost one on one training.

My coaches are telling me not to worry about the sugar and even the fat focus on the calories and the protein. As long as my calories are coming from good healthy food the fat can be high sometimes as well as the sugars. I am supposed to have 100 grams of protein that is hard! I can't stand protein powders!! I am actually surprised at how much I can eat following the MFP and keeping under 1300 calories. I feel like I need to go lower so I can loose faster. Also I do not eat the gained calories from exercise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you don't need the email to add friends, their user name is also easy to add! I am wahmx3 feel free to add me. Don't worry about sugar, if it is mainly coming from healthy foods such as fruit and whole grains. I really watch my sodium to help with weight loss.

To add friends, once you click on email, at the top, click on find members and you can add their user name to send a friend request. I find it much easier than using people's emails.

I used MFP about a year ago and quit. Last year, I started using Lose It app, but quit about a month ago. But, maybe with some encouragement, I will stick with it this time. We have a B2B cruise planned in November, and I have to get busy.

Please add me, my name is BaseballMom21 on MFP.

I used MFP about a year ago and quit. Last year' date=' I started using Lose It app, but quit about a month ago. But, maybe with some encouragement, I will stick with it this time. We have a B2B cruise planned in November, and I have to get busy.

Please add me, my name is BaseballMom21 on MFP.[/quote']

Oops! Correction, my name on MFP is AuburnMom21.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I've done a mass add on MFP of everyone who has posted their emails on this thread. Hopefully at least some of you are still active on there. I also have the accountability and motivation issues. I tend to cheat a lot if no one is paying attention.

If I missed anyone that wants to add me, my email is pomsaysom@gmail.com