Evenings on a River Cruise

sheridan88

One of the better experiences on a larger ship is the night life. I'm wondering what it is like on a river cruise. Is there music and dancing in their lounge? Is there a lounge? Anything else to do?

Thanks!

there is not much night life on a river boat. Usually a piano player and small dance floor in the lounge. If you are in port till midnight or so I would rec. visiting the town you are in. You can always find a cafe, pub, restaurant etc.

River cruises are way different than big ship ocean cruises. It's a much more sit back and relax atmosphere. Spending time talking with other river cruisers is actually very interesting. At least it is to us.

will have singers,dancers,band,etc that come onboard for a show.In Portugal Fado singers,Hungarian dancers in Budapest,Concert in VIenna,etc.So depends on country and line you re on.Found the AMA entertainment to be hi er end,but ALL were enjoyable.Just NOT broadway production types like ocean cruise.

We enjoy getting a drink after dinner and go on top deck and watch the scenery,not much more I NEED to enjoy the vacation.

Also, have "crew show", piano player(as stated),GREAT for some and so so for others(depending on what YOU LIKE);)

Archived