NCL Breakaway Mini Suite

Just curious about what they said about the Breakaway. We went on the Epic in the fall of their first season and I remember hearing lots of negatives about it, especially the bathrooms. Freestyle cruising is not for everyone and these cabins/balconies are small but I'm really looking forward to our cruise on the Breakaway next month. The negatives I've read about are valid points but nothing that will bother my dh & I. We like traditional cruising but we also like freestyle. I think there's pros & cons to different ships & cruise lines but we know what's a deal breaker for us. For me it's worth it to try something different but that's not for everyone.

You can read member reviews on this site. Most complaints are the same:

Small pools

Too many people for the common spaces

Poor food or Luke warm food

Small balconies

Slow service

Bad service

I was on the breakaway this past week. I had a BB balcony on deck 8 my son had a mini on deck 10. His cabin did seem a bit larger than mine not much but a bit. The bathroom was noticbly larger and better. I will book a mini next trip. Shower looked amazing.

The M6 mini's are the best on deck 8 close walk to everything and a large balcony.

These are the pictures I took of my room 9788 last week in no particular order :

SYmzsO5qJ-h2O7Zd4KMNinlT33Dx1gbqmn7PuSwNQkc=w326-h183-p-noAB0EbT7w60pOaBzvh9NYqPuXYvmY3Os1DYZ9or1BaZ0=w116-h206-p-no

6zs6wRfSn267qSyFDtcpNyO9R1hVd8y2EhJV8ohYocQ=w104-h183-p-no

lNZf3Fy9yAUDx7ePANCEY2RWHJJJGLaI-WZE8Jgnd14=w117-h206-p-no

LGUHwzeIWguTRA7RTyDU3uh3Y_J9EbTJqxJEK6r0fag=w326-h183-p-no

p8f_DgZD3Ht1B-1Tkrq-xF4V_40xgbcRdCNSjhtLMII=w104-h183-p-no

Tidbit: The room next to me, 9786, had a bigger balcony than mine that can fit 4-5 people in it.

Edited by maywell

I've been in a Family Mini-suite on Breakaway. The extra space isn't obvious to a casual observer, but during our cabin crawl we observed both closely.

• Balconies are the same size. :-(
  • Extra room in the bathroom, making it very comfortable.
  • Family Balconies have tubs, others have showers with multiple jets. :-)
  • There is more space around the beds; the nightstands are twice the width of those in Balconies.
  • The sofa is slightly longer and has more space around it.

As for the cost -- I got it as an upgrade from my Balcony booking so that wasn't an issue.