Sea Turtles - Go Direct or through an excursion?

Host Jacquelyn

We are looking at going to the Turtle Farm with our 3 kids. There are tons of options, and we are hoping for recommendations!

The direct website says it is $45 for the Tutle and Swim package and $30 for only the turtles. I see some tour operators charging less. Is that legit? How can it be less with the tour guide?

Is it better to reserve a tour guide from home, or just get someone at the pier?

• 2 weeks later...

I see no one responded to yet. I have not been there yet but I can give you some info based on my research. FIrst, if you book directly online ahead of time, I believe you get an additonal discount and I belive that transportation is included. Also, I think I read that although there are tours of the island for around $20 that include a stop to the turtle far, they do not include the actual price of admission to the farm.

today at:

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/tickets/

Boatswain's Beach now offering Great Prices for 2013!

Boatswain's Beach, Cayman's premier attraction featuring the world-famous Cayman Turtle Farm as well as a one of a kind marine park which features 23 acres of exciting adventure invites everyone to enjoy the parks great prices!

Order online and receive a 20% discount on your complete ticket order! (Discount displayed on final step of checkout process.)

Free transportation is provided from the piers for cruise visitors only. Departures at 8:30am and 9:45am. Return times are 12:00 and 1:15pm local time.

but also be aware .... the primary purpose of the turtle farm is to raise turtles for food.

They also release ... but turtle is a traditional island food. And is yummy - had turtle cordon bleu once and it was GREAT

If you buy your ticket ahead of time from the website and then the weather is too rough for the tenders to get in, don't you lose your money? I was thinking of buying the tickets on-line and getting the 20% discount, but given that this is a tender port I think I will wait and just buy them when we get there.

My current plan is to go to the turtle farm on our own using either their shuttle bus or the public bus (depending on how we time it). Then I want to stop at the beach for a little while on the way back to the dock.

Archived