2014-2015 Schedule out for NYC!

Why would it violate the pvsa? Cruise 1 starts in NY and ends in SJU and cruise 2 starts in SJU and ends in NY?

Bill

Actually you are right. Sorry for the confusion. Since it would be treated as a roundtrip cruise from NY it would work.

Where it wouldn't work is the Conquest repo from New Orleans to San Juan and then San Juan to Miami.

Actually you are right. Sorry for the confusion. Since it would be treated as a roundtrip cruise from NY it would work.

Where it wouldn't work is the Conquest repo from New Orleans to San Juan and then San Juan to Miami.

Thank you for the reply. The pvsa is confusing on the best of days. I thought maybe I overlooked something.

Bill

You wouldn't be able to do a B2B with the New York-San Juan and San Juan-New York itineraries because of the PVSA.

It is a closed loop voyage NY to NY, if it was illegal all closed loop cruises would be illegal.

Thank you for the reply. The pvsa is confusing on the best of days. I thought maybe I overlooked something.

Bill

Nope. You are correct. Thanks for being understanding, unlike most people here, that people make mistakes. And yes you are right it is very confusing. Too many different rules.

It does get confusing when they treat 2 separate back to back cruises as one cruise.

those one way trips to - from new york / san juan -- since it is not a closed loop cruise will passengers need passports for those cruises on the splendor. my interest is very high

Carnival site is surely acting up. Random sailings coming up for Splendor for November 14. At first only 11/17 was coming up, then 11/25. Went back to search again and can't find anything at all. But during one of my tries saw 11/01 sailing form San Juan to NY 8 nights and prices looked good. Went back again and can't see this sailing anymore.

those one way trips to - from new york / san juan -- since it is not a closed loop cruise will passengers need passports for those cruises on the splendor. my interest is very high

Good question. Do y'all need passports to fly to/from PR? It is technically a domestic trip is it not?

Was having the same problem with the Canada sailings, sometimes they're there & others not. I just gave up.

I just e-mailed my PVP exact cabins I am looking for. Maybe she can see the prices and book for me sometime tomorrow. Or maybe newly posted sailing will settle down and we would be able to book.

Good question. Do y'all need passports to fly to/from PR? It is technically a domestic trip is it not?

although a territory of US its still an opened cruise where you are leaving from one US port and returning to another.,

when you do a repositioning cruise do you need a passport?

For this exact question, No, you don't need a passport to fly to Puerto Rico. It is a domestic US city.

But you may need a passport to re-enter the US after leaving Puerto Rico since it's not a closed loop cruise.

To, not from.

These are interesting:

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to San Juan, Puerto Rico from New York, NY

2015: 02/13/2015

Day 1 New York, NY 4:00 PM

Day 2 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 3 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 4 Grand Turk 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 6 Antigua 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 7 St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 8 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 9 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to New York, NY from San Juan, Puerto Rico

2015: 02/21/2015

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 PM

Day 2 St. Kitts, WI 10:00 AM 8:00 PM

Day 3 Antigua 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 6 Grand Turk 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

Day 7 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 8 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 9 New York, NY 8:00 AM

this itinerary is also being done in January '15 as well. I guess Carnival got the hint that they need to go further south in the winter months. I just don't understand how they think the Port Canaveral-Freeport-Nassau sailings will continue to sell for a third straight year. Why can't they throw in some 9 & 10 day sailings like RCCL does.

You went to a "distant" foreign port (Aruba).:)

Bill

Whilst that makes it legal under the PVSA, it does not establish the requirement for a passport.

A more compelling question would be when did this cruise take place? Before or after WHTI?

Archived