Room service

deck chair

Hi!

Usually cruise HAL for the winter but thought I would try soemthing else for a change. On HAL you can order full breakfast in your room. Is that also true on REGATTA or is it more limited? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick

Baltimore

It's possible, but note that unless you're in a suite or above, adequate cabin or tabletop space for the full room service trays is very constrained. If you don't want to have to call Room Service and wait for delivery (which can be excruciatingly long if everyone is trying to eat so they can disembark at the same time), Oceania offers a standard continental breakfast menu you can order the night before. It's prepared by your room steward in the kitchenette on your deck so there's no need to wait for Room Service. You can request to be served within a 15-minute window. Not only do you get a light breakfast to start your day, the knock also doubles as a wake up call for sleepyheads who stayed up too late the night before in the Horizons Lounge.

Richard

Oceania offers a standard continental breakfast menu you can order the night before. It's prepared by your room steward in the kitchenette on your deck ...

That is interesting, it is the first time that I have heard about food being cooked by the room steward!

How about omelette, pancake, bacon and eggs, these items seemed to be on the pre-order card that you were supposed to hang outside your cabin door the night before for breakfast? Who cooked them?

How about omelette, pancake, bacon and eggs, these items seemed to be on the pre-order card that you were supposed to hang outside your cabin door the night before for breakfast? Who cooked them?

That would be more of a room service breakfast and not the continental breakfast that is prepared "locally". I honestly don't know because I can't look at so much food in the morning - coffee, a yogurt and a croissant is enough for me - so I never asked. Maybe those in the suites have eggs/bacon/pancakes on their pre-order card, but those of us who are only in balcony cabins have cards with the Continental breakfast items only.

As Richard said, I don't know how you would fit a try of all that stuff on the small tables in your cabin.

Jane

Guest Jancruz

I have breakfast in my stateroom every morning..some days eggs and cereal and some days Continental breakfast..you can have anything you want..

Jan

*****:)

Archived