Check your current rates using the Mother's Day sale

With all the price drops recently I hadn't expected to see much of a deal so I was pleasantly surprised to see that by matching our ES rate to the Mother's Day Sale it actually will add an additional $60 in savings after doing the math with the OBC of $250 per cabin.

With all the price drops recently I hadn't expected to see much of a deal so I was pleasantly surprised to see that by matching our ES rate to the Mother's Day Sale it actually will add an additional $60 in savings after doing the math with the OBC of $250 per cabin.

Your sailing happened to be a good one then; because I'd spend $280 more to get $250 in OBC; not a deal at all. Not only am I paying for my OBC, I'm also giving Carnival an extra $30 to hold it for me.

I was only going by cost browsing the sales, didn't think to take into account the onboard credit... Unfortunately I couldn't take advantage because with the $200 onboard credit I'd still be paying $20 more... But I'll keep this in mind going forward.

I just checked and the price of our sailing has dropped by a couple hundred dollars. What do we do?

If your early saver, submit a price protection form and make a courtesy hold and provide the confirmation number as proof. Good luck!!!

I just checked and the price of our sailing has dropped by a couple hundred dollars. What do we do?

Did you book with the Early Saver rate? Is so you would submit this form http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

If you are past final payment you may be able to upgrade to a better cabin if the price is lower than what you paid. Give your PVP or TA a call and see what they can do for you.

The price of our cruise went up exactly $200 in order to get a $200 OBC. Are there people out there, who cannot see through this and instead think they are getting a better deal today than they could yesterday?

Typical Carnival "Sale"

The price of our cruise went up exactly $200 in order to get a $200 OBC. Are there people out there, who cannot see through this and instead think they are getting a better deal today than they could yesterday?

Typical Carnival "Sale"

This must vary from cruise to cruise because we actually had an increase of $190 but gained $250 in OBC. To me that is a great deal and that was on top of the price drop that we received the day before this sale came out. This was the first sale that offered OBC that actually resulted in a savings for us. Normally it's been exactly as you said with spending more and getting less. For those who are able to do the math and end up saving it is a great deal.

Archived