FLL Construction

4FRCruising

Is the construction still causing problems with flights at FLL?

Trying to decide if I shiould fly FLL or MIA for my cruise on the Carnival Liberty late September 2013 out of MIA.

I do fly the day before :)

TIA :)

Is the construction still causing problems with flights at FLL?

Trying to decide if I shiould fly FLL or MIA for my cruise on the Carnival Liberty late September 2013 out of MIA.

I do fly the day before :)

TIA :)

I have not been there since last September and the construction of the new southern runway just recently started. I can only imagine that there are going to be continuing impacts to aircraft movements at FLL with almost all aircraft (commercial and GA) using the northern runway. From what I have heard others post about there is alot of issues on the roads due to the runway construction as the new runway will have to be built over the US1 highway.

We flew in and out of FLL in March and April. I think, for the most part, the airlines have adjusted their schedules. They certainly had a rough start after eons of warnings. Since I monitor my flights using either my airline's website or Flightstats you may want to just take a look to get a feel for delays.

I'd be more concerned about weather (hurricane) issues in Florida than wisely booked flights.

BTW, the construction is absolutely massive. I didn't know there was that much real dirt in south Florida. It's a multi year project so expect to get an eyefull as you land.

Archived