Cruise flight

Hi All,

How soon do you book your flight? We are cruising in September and the price has gone up on Southwest.com. Im wondering should I wait and see if the price will go back down or just book it now. RDU to MCO 277, it was 237??

If your cruising this Sept, I would go ahead and lock it in. The chances the flight will become booked are pretty good so you might not see any significant drop now. When I check for prices and say the dates aren't open yet, I choose the closest day possible to when you leaving to get the most accurate price , When I was checking rates for next year in March, I chose March of 2013 and the day we are leaving, say a Friday.

There's no way to predict when and if the prices will go down. Also no one on CC is in a position to tell you to book your flights now or to wait. You need to determine what dollar range your are comfortable booking at and than live with your decision.

BTW - Southwest airline's policy is if your book now at the cheapest non refundable fare and the price drops at a future date you can than go on-line and rebook the ticket at the lower to receive a credit . Refer to Southwest's website for all details and the rules regarding use of the credit.

Archived