Just off the Dream!!!!

Just some thoughts and opinions.

Was on this cruise also and had a great time. Sorry we could not make it for the meet and greet to meet everybody.

Had an aft balcony - loved it. None of the problems previously reported like soot, vibration, etc. We also had great neighbors, no problems with noise, etc. Would book the same cabin again (7458).

Nassau - day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. I thought it was well worth it as it was within walking distance from the ship and was a lovely day.

St. Thomas - Island tour of St. Johns. Enjoyed.

St. Marteen - America's Cup Regatta Race. Almost bit off more than I could chew, but glad I did it. We did not win but had a great time.

Food - Dining Room food was OK (favorite was Chateau Briand which was done perfectly), Lido was OK also, loved the specialty restaurant, even though I had to drag dh there. We went first and last night. The only food I did not like was the ill named "barbecue" on Deck 5. I really could not eat any of it (I am not a picky eater) and went for a pizza, which is wonderful.

Didn't mention our stay at the Radisson which was a great way to start our trip! Would stay there again in a minute!

Looking forward to your full review.

I went on the Dream in Jan with my DD, loved her so much that I booked her again in December with DH this time. Loved the cove, still trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to spa balcony.

Hi Tree Critter... We were on the Jan 5 Dream cruise too. We had a spa suite and it was wonderful. We liked the upgraded spa amenities (shampoo, soap, etc). We also liked the access to the spa extras (pool, steam rooms, etc). We booked the same type of room for our Jan 4, 2014 cruise on the Breeze. Because we liked the spa suite and its perks on the Dream, my sister booked the spa balcony for the Breeze cruise in 2014.

It would be nice if Carnival can promote Jamie to CD on the Breeze for Jan 2014.

I just got off the dream on 4th of May and i must say it was almost a nightmare to me too. Ive cruised with RC (freedom of the seas and oasis of the seas) before and when I compare those ships with carnival Dream the size is great, but service is awfull, food diner room awfull, too much rocking. it's ok for what you pay for but i won't do carnival again.

I just got off the dream on 4th of May and i must say it was almost a nightmare to me too. Ive cruised with RC (freedom of the seas and oasis of the seas) before and when I compare those ships with carnival Dream the size is great, but service is awfull, food diner room awfull, too much rocking. it's ok for what you pay for but i won't do carnival again.

Interesting comments.....especially the ones above......

I was on the Oasis may 4th thru 11th and we loved everything about the trip. Awesome ship/service/food/shows/excursions/etc. Royal treatment.

We are thinking of trying the Dream because we saw her up close in port at St. Maarten. Price is nice and it looks like a fun ship, but we are VERY curious as to the differences between cruising with RCI and cruising with Carnival, on the Dream to start.

I really want to read the review, and I hope some of you can comment on the differences between the two lines and thier food/service/ammenities/etc. It's half the price for Carnival, is it half the cruise?

Thanks

I have never been on RCI, but I'm sure they are nice. I know a person who was is a senior citizen that sailed on the Oasis and said it was wonderful. They never got off the ship at ports, just enjoyed the ship. They have also sailed on Carnival ships and enjoyed them. There are more activity especially for younger on RCI, but I have sailed Carnival 26 times and going on the Dream in Nov. and Carnival is my choice because I have never had a bad cruise. Some were better than others but I am a senior citizen and the price fits me and I like a balcony and I may not be able to afford a balcony on RCI. I have never been on the Dream, but from reading the reviews I don't think I will be disappointed. Do your home work and then you can see which meets you needs and wants.

Interesting comments.....especially the ones above......

I was on the Oasis may 4th thru 11th and we loved everything about the trip. Awesome ship/service/food/shows/excursions/etc. Royal treatment.

We are thinking of trying the Dream because we saw her up close in port at St. Maarten. Price is nice and it looks like a fun ship, but we are VERY curious as to the differences between cruising with RCI and cruising with Carnival, on the Dream to start.

I really want to read the review, and I hope some of you can comment on the differences between the two lines and thier food/service/ammenities/etc. It's half the price for Carnival, is it half the cruise?

Thanks

We're doing the Dream and Oasis Back to back at the end of September, it should be an interesting comparison. We've become quite dissapointed with carnival, had decided we were done with them and were booked the Oasis when some friends contacted us and said they were sailing on the Dream the week before, so we thought we'd extend our trip and give them one last chance to win us over. We'll see how it goes, but Ive got a hunch based on past experience that Royal's going to come out on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...I've been in vacation depression...lol

I can't hardly bare it....I need to go once a month!!!!!

Lol

I'm actually thinking about taking my kids in July on a 5 day out of Jacksonville so that will get me excited enough to do the Dream review lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We're doing the Dream and Oasis Back to back at the end of September, it should be an interesting comparison. We've become quite dissapointed with carnival, had decided we were done with them and were booked the Oasis when some friends contacted us and said they were sailing on the Dream the week before, so we thought we'd extend our trip and give them one last chance to win us over. We'll see how it goes, but Ive got a hunch based on past experience that Royal's going to come out on top.

Please let me know how it goes in Sept.!

We loved the Oasis eastern, actually booked the Allure western for next year, and we are still on the fence about Carnival Dream. I keep reading reviews and comments but........

O.P Hoping you come back also and do a review! Have Fun!

I went on the Dream in Jan with my DD, loved her so much that I booked her again in December with DH this time. Loved the cove, still trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to spa balcony.

We were on this same cruise and were upgraded from cove to spa balcony...LOVED IT! We were told we probably would get to use the spa ammenities, as it was a free upgrade, but we did and it was awesome. The cabin was larger than the cove we originally had booked.

Have fun!

Archived