Ocean Wave Tours in Santorini

gators70

Has anyone used Dimetrius from Ocean Wave Tours in Santorini? Good? Bad?

Hi, we just got back from a fantastic cruise and had used Ocean Wave tours in Santorini. Dimetrius and Patricia are a husband and wife team that do an incredible job. Patricia showed us the best places for great pics, but also their love of the island came across with showing us how locals live and eat. The place they recommened for lunch was fantastic. I would highly recommend them.

Hi, we just got back from a fantastic cruise and had used Ocean Wave tours in Santorini. Dimetrius and Patricia are a husband and wife team that do an incredible job. Patricia showed us the best places for great pics, but also their love of the island came across with showing us how locals live and eat. The place they recommened for lunch was fantastic. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks garndma. We (family of 10) have booked Dimitrius for a 5 hour tour. Our last time in Santorini was spent going to the winery and Oia with a ship excursion (Celebrity 2010). We wanted to see more of the island, spend some time in the amazingly beautiful Oia, and still have a little time in Fira. We told Dimitrius that we really don't need to see the ruins as we will have just been to Ephesus and Athens. We will see the red sand beach, the black sand beach, maybe some photo ops, blue dome church, lunch at a taverna, time in Oia, and dropped off in Fira.

DW wants to know what was on the menu at the taverna they took you to. Was it on the water? Dimitrius mentioned a taverna on the water with great salads and fish. DW likes her salads, but doesn't like fish. I assured her that there would be more on the menu than fish, but she could survive with a salad.

One point of "ethics". Did you buy lunch for Patricia?

Thanks garndma. We (family of 10) have booked Dimitrius for a 5 hour tour. Our last time in Santorini was spent going to the winery and Oia with a ship excursion (Celebrity 2010). We wanted to see more of the island, spend some time in the amazingly beautiful Oia, and still have a little time in Fira. We told Dimitrius that we really don't need to see the ruins as we will have just been to Ephesus and Athens. We will see the red sand beach, the black sand beach, maybe some photo ops, blue dome church, lunch at a taverna, time in Oia, and dropped off in Fira.

DW wants to know what was on the menu at the taverna they took you to. Was it on the water? Dimitrius mentioned a taverna on the water with great salads and fish. DW likes her salads, but doesn't like fish. I assured her that there would be more on the menu than fish, but she could survive with a salad.

One point of "ethics". Did you buy lunch for Patricia?

Hi, the place is right on the beach. We had a great meal, lots of seafood, loved the grilled octopus. We did get a greek salad as well as a caper leaf salad that is only served in santorini.Fantastic! I can't remember the meats but I'm sure they had everything.

We were thinking about buying her lunch but she has it with Dimitrius and the family that owns the restaurant.

Hi, the place is right on the beach. We had a great meal, lots of seafood, loved the grilled octopus. We did get a greek salad as well as a caper leaf salad that is only served in santorini.Fantastic! I can't remember the meats but I'm sure they had everything.

We were thinking about buying her lunch but she has it with Dimitrius and the family that owns the restaurant.

Thanks again!

Has anyone used Dimetrius from Ocean Wave Tours in Santorini? Good? Bad?

Yes. 2 years ago. He will pick u up (on time) at the top by the cable cars. He took us to wherever we wanted to go, and stopped wherever we wanted to stop. When he stops at a little "shack"--(forgot the name--) buy the stuff that's there--I wish I did. (Ttomato paste, etc..)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. 2 years ago. He will pick u up (on time) at the top by the cable cars. He took us to wherever we wanted to go, and stopped wherever we wanted to stop. When he stops at a little "shack"--(forgot the name--) buy the stuff that's there--I wish I did. (Ttomato paste, etc..)

We were a group of 7 that used Ocean Wave and Demetrius. He was a wonderful guide for the day. Santorini is really a special place on earth!

We did stop at Mary's place also and sampled all her goodies, bought a bunch of things too.

IMG_3946.jpg.578e6ac7764d955c1465ea586ad8f043.jpg

Could you please tell me how long the tour was and what the cost was?

Several times we have just got off the ship and taken a taxi/car, negotiated with the driver and off we went.

Is it possible to do that in Santorini?

We are non drinkers so not into wines and would prefer not to spend time in a restaurant for lunch. Grabbing something to eat as we walk a town is fine by us.

Thanks

Archived