How to download photos

Kalos, just love your mega-photos. You are obviously a computer whizz-(er)kid? so if you've got time, please instruct an old wrinkly like me how to post photos (not necessarily megas like yours) onto cc. Don't make it too complicated or baffle me with computerspeak. I've still got to find time to compose a report on Portraits of the Past cruise just completed. Ahhhhhhh.

There I go, just dreaming of Jerusalem again.

Don

Thought best open a new thread Poor Lindas was going a bit of track , Soz Linda :o

Right here goes , will keep it easy as possible Don !

First of all Go register an account with the link below (Then come back to this post )

http://postimage.org/register.php

You have done the above ? Great, now download your photos from your camera , phone etc to your PC desktop .

Log into your New post image site and click on the browse box which should now show you your files on your desktop .

Highlight /click on the desired file ...Hit family safe ..and the box that says upload it ...

your photo is now on the post image site :cool:.

Now to get it onto this site ...

On the postimage site Click onto "My images " you will see your photo and to the right of it a link that says 1- images click onto that .

You will now see your downloaded photo or photos .. Click on show codes .

A box for image codes will open up ...

For this example we will hit the box ..HOT LINK TO FORUMS (1) by clicking COPY TO CLIPBOARD ... as you do this it will say copied !

Now come onto this site and write your post as normal ...

Eg .... Hi guys heres a photo of me and Blah ,blah etc .

Then underneath that lot Right click and paste ...

A pile of writing will appear .. do not alter it as that is your photo :D

Hit preview post on here and you will see it and if your happy with it then hit submit thread to post .:cool:

Congrats Don you and many others will now be a computer wizzy-thingy who does photos :rolleyes:

Glad to be of help .

Look forward to your photos

(Thanks and credit to Geo who put us onto the Post Image site :cool:)

Edited by kalos

Thanks kalos, you're a star, you too geomagot. I shall get some photos on, as soon as I have done all the washing & ironing from Portraits. And posted a report of course although stevie has beaten me to it. My first wife (I just call her that to keep her on her toes), now wants to squeeze in a Med Cruise (2 weeks of course) in June, before our Fire & Ice in July. I need to win the lottery before I go bankrupt (or die of hard w**k - I can't even write that 4-letter word).

Cheers mate, you're a true White Rose Man.

Hey kalos - see my Portraits of the Past report - with photos.

Does this make me a computer geek. When I am famous I will tell everyone I owe my success to you ----------fat chance, Cheers mate.

Hey kalos - see my Portraits of the Past report - with photos.

Does this make me a computer geek. When I am famous I will tell everyone I owe my success to you ----------fat chance, Cheers mate.

Only a fully fledged Computer wizzy/thingy/cyberphoto uploader matey

4f409b71199b47faab60f5034f2a63b4.jpgMust dash, off to see a post with a boot of beer :rolleyes:;):D

• 8 months later...

Hi kalos, how's the sugar levels?

Not so much of the "poor" Linda either ;) although I will be if the interest rates don't go up soon :D

Just a quibble - your heading should say How to UPLOAD photos :D

Anyway, I digress (as usual) This is how I put a picture on :)

1) Google - tinypic (you don't need to join anything)

2) Browse - choose a picture from your photos - double click on photo.

3) Resize - you can choose website/email OR message board according to what size you want

4) Upload- (this may take a few seconds and sometimes you have to copy something to prove you are human being!!)

5) Share this image - 2nd one down (for Forums and message board) - Left click, right click and copy.

6) Go to your message on CC and click paste. All done (It's a good idea to preview the post before you submit it, to make sure you have done it right ;)

Good luck :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I'm trying to choose a new laptop. Wish I could find the same good advice on line as I do on here for cruises, and hopefully putting photos on when I get round to it. I have sheets of comparisons but have boiled it down to a few. :eek:

Sorry for going OT, but avoid the cheapo ones from PC world/currys like emachines and advent. These are the ones I normally get asked to look at.

Go for a known named brand, and be careful with the power socket, that's always the weak spot on a laptop.

If you don't need the portability of a laptop then go for a proper base unit and monitor set up, they are always more reliable, and easy to upgrade.

JMHO

Joe.

Sorry for going OT, but avoid the cheapo ones from PC world/currys like emachines and advent. These are the ones I normally get asked to look at.

Go for a known named brand, and be careful with the power socket, that's always the weak spot on a laptop.

If you don't need the portability of a laptop then go for a proper base unit and monitor set up, they are always more reliable, and easy to upgrade.

JMHO

Joe.

Thanks for that Joe. I definitely want a laptop...I like to put it away out of site when not in use. I am also going for a touch screen for Windows 8 and because I am used to an iPad. I cannot justify paying the price for an Apple though would love one. I really just need a new one to store photos, etc because my old Sony is so slow and about 8 years old.

I am looking at an Acer E1-572 with i5, 4Gb and 750 Gb or a Sony FIT 15 1521c2 with i3, 4Gb and 500Gb. Both same price at PC W (£530) and other spec is similar.

I could pay £30 each extra and get a slightly better processor (i5) on the Sony, but I don't think it is worth it.

I am going to PC W. now to have a "feel" of the machines and buy one. :eek:

i have an acer aspire all in one pc, its a touch screen but full desktop size (not a laptop)...all the computer gubbins are inside the screen somewhere so no base unit

I got it because it was touch screen and I was also used to an ipad...I'm very pleased with it

I can watch telly on it too....when i am in my shed:cool:

Edited by geomagot

I chose the Sony....don't know why except it had better screen colours next to the Acer, even though its HD was smaller. I almost tossed a coin!

Yours sounds good, Geo. It's amazing the choice when you go to these out of town stores. I have to go back tomorrow to pick mine up as I have left it there for them to set it up. Probably could have done it myself and saved some pennies. Then had to buy Office...etc.... Could have paid for a weeks cruise in the end!! :eek:

Hi kalos, how's the sugar levels?

Just had a clinical review and they are looking good I'm pleased to say

Not so much of the "poor" Linda either ;) although I will be if the interest rates don't go up soon :D

I know how you feel ...same here

Just a quibble - your heading should say How to UPLOAD photos :D

Well spotted , it had been a long tiring day ..well that's my excuse m'dear

Anyway, I digress (as usual) This is how I put a picture on :)

1) Google - tinypic (you don't need to join anything)

2) Browse - choose a picture from your photos - double click on photo.

3) Resize - you can choose website/email OR message board according to what size you want

4) Upload- (this may take a few seconds and sometimes you have to copy something to prove you are human being!!)

5) Share this image - 2nd one down (for Forums and message board) - Left click, right click and copy.

6) Go to your message on CC and click paste. All done (It's a good idea to preview the post before you submit it, to make sure you have done it right ;)

Good luck :)

Cheers Linda good method and advice

So lets bump this method the board for others to use

Come on have a go and show us your photos as Geo says " Put them on this page !" We don't mind if it is not a pic of a cruise ship

but it would make good practice for when you do cruise and maybe want to post a photo on here .