Recent Sapphire Cruisers...Have disembarkation question

SF

Our return air flights were just canceled and we had to rebook and now our flights are earlier. We need to be at the airport by 10AM as our flight leaves at noon. How was disembarkation from the Sapphire and do you think we'll make it to the airport by 10AM if we already have a limo driver waiting for us at the docks? I was much happier having the evening flights as I know the airport must be crazy early in the day with everyone returning from various cruises but this is the only other flight available to us since it's too close to our trip.

Also, how was embarkation. What time did they start to let you board? Thanks.

Two weeks ago we were at the airport by 10 am, and we weren't even the first group called. Just make sure you go to the purser's desk early (I think Tuesday was the cutoff) and advise them of your flight time so you are in the right group.

As far as embarkation, we didn't get to the pier until 1 pm, and they were already boarding. Make sure to flag down a porter so you don't have to stand in a line around the building to check your luggage.

Have fun!

Other alternative since there is not as much traffic on weekend a.m.s is to do "self disembark" i.e. carry your own luggage off.. We did that, were off by 7:35, got a cab (many waiting) and were at the airport before 8:30 and checked in by 9 including through security. If you can take your own luggage off I'd do the limo or cab (plenty of cabs that early though) .. cost was $24 for two.

I have an ll:00 AM flight out on the Sunday we get back. I called Princess and they said it would be fine, just give them all the info and they will make sure we are first off. I called a couple of times to make sure I got the same answer twice!

Make sure to flag down a porter so you don't have to stand in a line around the building to check your luggage.

Have fun!

When leaving for a Caribbean cruise at the ports in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami the porters always come to take our luggage. Isn't it the same at Seattle's pier? Will they approach us or do we have to go find one? Why do the people stand in a line around the building to check luggage if the porters can do it?

Is it hard to find your luggage on disembarkation day? We won't be able to carry ours off (to many pieces) or I'd prefer to do self disembarking. What's the earliest time they start letting you off if you have an early flight?

When leaving for a Caribbean cruise at the ports in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami the porters always come to take our luggage. Isn't it the same at Seattle's pier? Will they approach us or do we have to go find one? Why do the people stand in a line around the building to check luggage if the porters can do it?

Oddly enough, the situation was completely different than I have ever experienced it in 12 cruises. We had to hunt a porter down ourselves. I think they don't have enough porters and that is the root cause. Most of the ones we saw were working the taxi drop-off area and if a lot of taxis came in, they were quickly taken. That and they didn't seem to pile their carts into moving mountains of luggage like the porters at Miami seem so good at. I think a lot of people aren't approached and they automatically get into the long, long line that was around the building when we arrived at 1 pm.

Is it hard to find your luggage on disembarkation day? We won't be able to carry ours off (to many pieces) or I'd prefer to do self disembarking. What's the earliest time they start letting you off if you have an early flight?

I think people started getting off at 7:30-8 am. It was kind of hectic getting the luggage, the room seemed kind of small and crowded. Believe it or not, someone claimed our luggage and walked off with it by mistake (almost got through customs with it!) Luckily my wife has eagle eyes:D

Overall, you can tell that Seattle is not a big-time terminal like Miami or Pt. Canaveral. As long as you go in with those expectations, it will be OK.

Appreciate you answering my questions... just thought of a few more, hope you don't mind. Just wondering, if people get in a long line with their luggage because no porter approaches them then where do we go after the porter takes our luggage? Is there a separate line? Did you just let the porter take your luggage or did you go with them to make sure it's placed in the proper area?

We're definitely going to search out a porter and we plan on being there early. I'm more worried about disembarking on time as our flight leaves at noon and we have to be at the airport by 10AM.

Thanks.

Appreciate you answering my questions... just thought of a few more, hope you don't mind. Just wondering, if people get in a long line with their luggage because no porter approaches them then where do we go after the porter takes our luggage? Is there a separate line? Did you just let the porter take your luggage or did you go with them to make sure it's placed in the proper area?

We're definitely going to search out a porter and we plan on being there early. I'm more worried about disembarking on time as our flight leaves at noon and we have to be at the airport by 10AM.

Thanks.

The people standing in line with their luggage are doing so to have their docs/ID checked before their bags are taken from them. By getting a porter, you will follow him/her to the front of that line and check your luggage. After that, you'll go into another line with everyone else to check in. Unfortunately, no shortcuts there:D

Archived