Inside vs Balcony Grand Princess/Med 2005

navybaby

First time cruiser here. I'm booked on the Grand Princess (Oct 2005 sailing) and REALLY excited! It's a 12 night cruise, with port visits nearly every day. I'm not a 'sit in my room' type of person, so I opted to save money and take an inside stateroom. I used the money I would have spent on a balcony/mini-suite and booked several excursions instead. The problem is now I'm having a bit of buyers remorse! I'm afraid that I may have ruined the whole 'cruise experience' by taking an inside cabin. Has anyone else cruised (successfully) with an inside cabin, or does it just change the whole cruise atmosphere?

Also - I've seen a lot of feedback on Carribean cruises, but not too much on the Med side - does anyone have any good (or bad) Grand Princess Med stories?

Thanks! :)

My first cruises were inside, but after having a balcony I've not gone back to an inside or window cabin. I love sitting and having breakfast on the balcony, being outside in the early morning in the bathrobe watching the ship pull into port and having dinner served on the balcony as the sun sets.

For information on Med cruises, go to the ports of call section of this board or go to other cruise lines on this board that also do the Med. There seems to be a lot of feedback on the Celebrity, HAL and RCCI boards as to Med cruising.

I've cruised the Med many times and it's a great experience.

Archived