Help me pick a cruise!!!

pugman1212

Well where do I start, we just got home yesterday from our cruise out of Baltimore Maryland on the carnival pride. Awesome trip. Ship was great service and food rocked, overall it was a great time. Let me get to it, my wife was playing bingo on the first night as I laid down in the cabin and won a 7 day trip for 2 on any carnival cruise. Excluding Europe and Alaska. We live in Pa. And are willing to fly just about anywhere. Let me know what ships and itineraries would be worth it. Thanks hope to hear from a lot of you....

Magic and Breeze are the two newest ships with the most bells and whistles. Only those two have a rope course, the Italian pay option at night, the full Red Frog Pub (other ships only have the bar, not entrees).

I hear Breeze is awesome but it might do 6 and 8 .. I loved Magic a lot.

My husband won a 7 day cruise in October 2012 while we were on the Dream (Western Itinerary) for my son's wedding and honeymoon. We chose the 7 day Eastern Itinerary on the Dream (Love, love, love the Dream!). We haven't been to St. Thomas or St. Marteen and we are just going to stay on the ship while the ship is in Nassau....been there, done that, several times. Port Canaveral is an easy on and easy off port.

We upgraded from an OV to a balcony......yeah baby!

Have fun deciding where to go!

What time of year are you thinking of going? What's important to you? Revisiting ports you enjoy, visiting new places, trying new activities? Would you like a smaller ship or a larger ship?

Larger ship would be nice, thinking February 2014 fly south to get a break from winter...

Larger ship would be nice, thinking February 2014 fly south to get a break from winter...
...Cruising on Carnival Magic in winter is a magical warm weather escape. Here's some samplings:

A cove balcony puts you close to the water...

th_DSC00534.jpg

Surprises await in your cabin every night...

th_DSC00960.jpg

The food is so great--even outside on sea days...

th_DSC00474.jpg [/url]

Sports opportunities abound--like this full court basketball...

th_DSC00757.jpg

101 oz Thirsty Frog Red from the Red Frog Pub...

th_DSCN1003.jpg

...and the ropes course is lots of fun...

th_DSC00735.jpg

Here's hoping you find the warm weather cruise of your dreams. Bon Voyage!

The Dream is the best ship in the Carnival fleet, in my opinion. No ropes course nor the extra-pay food options of the Red Frog Pub or Italian restaurant, but everything else more than makes up for it. Much better shows & entertainment than the Breeze or Sunshine. I would not pick either of those ships. Breeze was nice, but Dream is so much better. It's hard to compare, because they are on completely different levels. The Dream has good Eastern & Western 7-day cruises. I'm noticing in your post that your sailing cannot be longer than a 7-day.

If you want the best itinerary, go with the Valor out of San Juan. 5 great ports on that itinerary.

Archived