Is there anybody out there, ms Westerdam?

Dreamer757

We were actually thankful for the Chocolate Seduction on our coastal ( tail end of the 30 day cruise) because the espresso/ cappuccino machine in Explorations Cafe "broke" on the 2nd day and the only place to get special coffees was Chocolate Seduction. It was probably busier than it has ever been;).

On our 20 day cruise, maintenance was constantly working on the espresso / cappuccino machine in the Explorations Cafe. It would work a couple of days and then break down again.

I'll be on the Westerdam in 2 days. Since I'm not bringing my laptop or iPad, I doubt I'll be doing any "live from" reports, but I'll be sure to post something about the cruise as soon as I get back. Who knows, maybe I'll get the urge to post something while at a port with decent data service for my smartphone.

• 2 weeks later...
We are just off 35 days on the Westerdam. The only major negative besides so-so food was that there are only 55 loungers in the covered pool area. With 55 nice loungers for 1800 souls we had no problem getting a chair before 7am. The new loungers that are on the outdoor areas were designed by a sadist. The purchasing agents in Seattle should be made to sit in those new loungers for 2 days after which they will order all those contraptions tossed overboard :)

Hank

Hank and Kathy we had no idea you were on this cruise with us--We never sat in the deck chairs and thought we had excaped the virus but finally succumbed to it the the last ten days of the cruise and spent some time recovering from that after we got home. Thank goodness the first 3 weeks were great. Would love to go on Voyage of the Vikings (for the 3rd time) next year but I think Tom has had it! Happy travels to you both. Sorry we missed seeing you.

The coffee machine was broken the entire 7 day cruise from May 18-25, a sign informed anyone wanting coffee in the Exploration Cafe to head down to the Chocolate Seduction cafe.
We were on the same cruise and we went to the Chocolate place after we realized the Cafe was closed and the 3 times we were there, there was no one around. No one behind the counter. The lights were all on, but no one was home. Not once, but three different times. Not sure what was up with that? :confused: At least we could get decent coffee in the Neptune Lounge.

I posted some of my other thoughts on our recent cruise here: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1853013"]http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1853013

Archived