Bingo

Hi! Our last Carnival Cruise was in 2010 and bingo was max $20-25 for the entire session (I think for 3 boards)...is the price still the same or has it gone up? My sister and I love to play bingo and on our recent NCL cruise last summer bingo cost $60 for all of the boards to play each session :eek: We don't want to spend that money on bingo for this cruise. Can someone just verify the cost for us?

Thank you!

Helen

Our Easter Cruise it was 1 card for 1 game , the Letter "X" for $500 during 1 of there session's. My wife got lucky and split the $500 with 1 other guy...:D We only played that 1 night knowing our luck was up..LOL

It's strange that I go up and purchase the cards for my sister and I and hand her one but she is the one that always wins.

She won a cruise for 2 in a cat 12 suite back in 2001 on the Holiday. And she's won at least 3 times in various amounts between $100 and $250.

It's strange that I go up and purchase the cards for my sister and I and hand her one but she is the one that always wins.

I won $800 on the Spirit using a similar method. :)

I always enjoy watching folks scream out BINGO! thinking it was a regular game when they were playing for the X, cover-all, etc. Bless their hearts.

I won $800 on the Spirit using a similar method. :)

I always enjoy watching folks scream out BINGO! thinking it was a regular game when they were playing for the X, cover-all, etc. Bless their hearts.

Back in the old days (2001) when my sister won that cat-12 suite it was a blackout bingo game that was played just prior to debarkation.

We were on the Holiday with our older sister and BIL and carnival would have everyone come to the main show lounge prior to beginning debarkation for one last game of Bingo.

It's funny now though. When VIFP started and we went from # of cruises to # of days Donna's cruise history showed 7 less days for her because that cruise she won was a non-revenue cruise for her (so doesn't count), but does count for me as her traveling companion.

I'm so glad because that will make me Diamond on our next cruise but she's not far behind me, she will be Diamond in February on the Sunshine.

On our first cruise in April we tried Bingo - it was $50 for 2 cards. Each card had 3 plays (or 3 total cards that were being played). Cant remember what was BINGO for it but I think it lasted 8 min. Worst time ever as we were waiting to reset cards and play the next game and everybody was leaving. Thinking we just paid $50 for 1 game and that's it? I would much rather they lower the prizes and give you more play - just didnt get it but guess that's me - wont do it again. I would much rather pay $50 for 30-45 min of Bingo and they give away logo'd items - even if I didnt win, at least I paid for 'fun' time vs 1 winner (nice prize), over quick, now your done, go away.

On our first cruise in April we tried Bingo - it was $50 for 2 cards. Each card had 3 plays (or 3 total cards that were being played). Cant remember what was BINGO for it but I think it lasted 8 min. Worst time ever as we were waiting to reset cards and play the next game and everybody was leaving. Thinking we just paid $50 for 1 game and that's it? I would much rather they lower the prizes and give you more play - just didnt get it but guess that's me - wont do it again. I would much rather pay $50 for 30-45 min of Bingo and they give away logo'd items - even if I didnt win, at least I paid for 'fun' time vs 1 winner (nice prize), over quick, now your done, go away.

My wife enjoys playing on our cruises, so it came as a real shock to see how the price has jumped. I was in line to purchase her cards on the first Bingo day and saw any number of people coming past me muttering about the ridiculous prices, saying they would no longer play. DW played several times and said there were very few players. We can understand why. Hey, Celebrity, is it better to have 60 players at $20 a pop or 20 players at $39 or $49?

We usually win once on each cruise. Biggest was $1000 on the last night of our first Miracle cruise. After, DH went right to the gift shop and bought the diving watch he wanted and we left the ship with a zero sail and sign balance and cash.

Archived