Freedom cabin temperature too warm

is 76 Degrees too warm for cabin temps?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. is 76 Degrees too warm for cabin temps?

• 76 is too warm
    • 76 is acceptable

We didn't have any issues when we sailed in August either. In fact DH had our room so cold I was "forced" out to the balcony to warm up and promptly fell asleep listening to the ocean everyday :o.

The sound of the water churning from the motors was amazing. I loved sitting out there when the ship was moving. I think we're spoiled now. This was our first aft balcony. We'll be getting these from now on!

Now I'm getting worried about our upcoming Victory and Freedom cruises.....

On our Freedom trip, I complained about the room being too warm on the first day. They sent a maintenance guy to the room. As he came in he propped the door open, set up his thermometer and left for about 10 minutes. That was enough time for the hallway air, which was cooler, to cool my cabin.

I'm wondering if that's what they did during our Liberty cruise last year.

Our OV seemed pretty warm and humid, but we shrugged and turned the temp down as low as it would go. When we got back from early seating in the MDR, it hadn't gotten any cooler or less humid. We did the usual: called Guest Services, went to Guest Services (FttF saved me at least an hour), they said the room met their standards and was at 74 degrees, they offered to bring by a fan, etc. 74 degrees would have been okay but the air wasn't being "conditioned," i.e., dried out and made less stuffy or humid.

This was a 7-day cruise and my sister has medical issues and I would have had trouble sleeping. I tested it by sitting on the bed, just wearing a pair of shorts, and after ten minutes I was still sweating. :(

We decided sadly that this would be unbearable for a week so I went to Guest Services to tell them we would be invoking the satisfaction guarantee and would be leaving the ship at the first non-U.S. port, with travel expenses back to be paid by Carnival, etc.

After a long wait they moved us to another room, which had apparently been abandoned/no-show...and it was a balcony.

Our personal alarm clock has a thermometer, it read 82 degrees.

I'm gonna bring a thermometer now. Thanks for this.

The guy came, propped open the door set his thermometer and said he would be right back. As he turned to leave the hotel manager told him to close the door. Busted!!!! The guy said if he did that the room won't cool down. The manager looked at me, and said we will move you to another cabin. He apologized for this whole thing and called the manager of the maintenance guy. I left to get the key for new room, but while I was gone the hotel manager ripped into the maintenance manager and the guy. I wish I had not missed that.

Priceless!

Now I'm getting worried about our upcoming Victory and Freedom cruises.....

I'm wondering if that's what they did during our Liberty cruise last year.

Our OV seemed pretty warm and humid, but we shrugged and turned the temp down as low as it would go. When we got back from early seating in the MDR, it hadn't gotten any cooler or less humid. We did the usual: called Guest Services, went to Guest Services (FttF saved me at least an hour), they said the room met their standards and was at 74 degrees, they offered to bring by a fan, etc. 74 degrees would have been okay but the air wasn't being "conditioned," i.e., dried out and made less stuffy or humid.

This was a 7-day cruise and my sister has medical issues and I would have had trouble sleeping. I tested it by sitting on the bed, just wearing a pair of shorts, and after ten minutes I was still sweating. :(

We decided sadly that this would be unbearable for a week so I went to Guest Services to tell them we would be invoking the satisfaction guarantee and would be leaving the ship at the first non-U.S. port, with travel expenses back to be paid by Carnival, etc.

After a long wait they moved us to another room, which had apparently been abandoned/no-show...and it was a balcony.

I'm gonna bring a thermometer now. Thanks for this.

Priceless!

We're doing a B2B the end of this month on Victory and have already decided as a last resort, we will take advantage of the satisfaction guarantee if our cabin is as hot as the last couple cruises. We are also taking an old school mercury thermometer . I am positive it was way over the 74° Carnival's digital one registered. We're just not willing to spend almost two weeks with no sleep due to the heat. Hoping for the best, preparing for worst.

If it's in a dry climate 74 or 76 is fine. If it's in my HUMID climate you are sweating without any evaporation so you can't cool then it's 72 in the summer for me and 64 in the winter. Folks need to remember to take relative humidity into account and usually it is more about that than the actual temperature itself.

But just because I live in a hot part of the US doesn't mean I like it one bit and the dew point is off the charts sometimes.

We were on the Freedom this past March on a 8 day cruise. We were in an inside cabin on the main deck and it was hot in our room the entire cruise. We called guest services on three different occasions and was told it met Carnival's standards. We had family on the same cruise on the empress deck in a balcony cabin that had no issues with the A/C at all. It was actually quite cold in their cabin.

If it's in a dry climate 74 or 76 is fine. If it's in my HUMID climate you are sweating without any evaporation so you can't cool then it's 72 in the summer for me and 64 in the winter. Folks need to remember to take relative humidity into account and usually it is more about that than the actual temperature itself.

But just because I live in a hot part of the US doesn't mean I like it one bit and the dew point is off the charts sometimes.

We're from Alabama, so we know a little about humidity, and you are 100% correct. It's like trying to breath through a wet rag. It was only 74° here this morning, but the humidity is really high. Tried to do a little yard work, but gave up due to the humidity.

We just returned from the 8 day southern Caribbean, on the Freedom, deck 10 and our cabin stayed way too warm. we had guest services check it twice, once it was 75.3, not sure of the 2nd reading and this was early morning, it got warmer as the day progressed.Carnival said anything 76 degrees or lower is within Carnival standards. NOT MINE!! This is way too warm for me. Has anyone else experienced this?:mad:

I would be miserable at 75 or 76 degrees! Humidity does matter, but even living in the desert, I absolutely cannot sleep if it's above 72 degrees. I'd rather be able to add blankets if it's too cool than have no recourse if it's too warm.

I would be miserable at 75 or 76 degrees! Humidity does matter, but even living in the desert, I absolutely cannot sleep if it's above 72 degrees. I'd rather be able to add blankets if it's too cool than have no recourse if it's too warm.

Same here, 74° during the day, 69° at night for sleeping.

Archived