Smoking on balconies

bhg71

You will probably experience smoke on a balcony. Just plan on it and if you're lucky and don't smell it, enjoy it! Balconies are "in play" for smokers so there is a good chance they'll be out there.

If you get one of the balconies right at the front of the ship, then smoke should not be an issue at all on sea days....

Mike

I agree with this... We were on the imagination and we were the very first grand suite. I am not sure that the people on the other side smoked but since the ship doesnt go in reverse, the smoke would have blown to the back of the ship.

I booked that first suite on purpose of the smoke and I am glad I did. I will do that as best as I can from now on

I was on a Conquest balcony last year and every time(almost) that I went out on the balcony the people in the next cabin were on their balcony smoking. It appears that smokers book most of the balconies because that is one of the few places they can smoke. I could smell the cigarette smoke and for a non-smoker it is not pleasant. I won't book a balcony again until they are non-smoking.

I was on a Conquest balcony last year and every time(almost) that I went out on the balcony the people in the next cabin were on their balcony smoking. It appears that smokers book most of the balconies because that is one of the few places they can smoke. I could smell the cigarette smoke and for a non-smoker it is not pleasant. I won't book a balcony again until they are non-smoking.

We had an extended balcony on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. Yes I said had. Two weeks ago I decided to change to an inside-inside 4E just for that reason. I was really looking forward to it but I cannot stand smoke. I actually makes me sick.

Is a certain side of Conquest deemed smoking? Worried about second hand smoke on balcony. We are in 9273. Thanks!

As you can see from the replies, smoking on balconies is allowed on Carnival. If you are concerned about that, you may want to consider a line that does not allow smoking on balconies. Otherwise, you may or may not have a problem, but be prepared just in case.

Btw, if you do stay with Carnival, and you encounter a problem with neighbors smoking on their balcony, please do not come back here and complain. You were warned about the possibilities!!

As you can see from the replies, smoking on balconies is allowed on Carnival. If you are concerned about that, you may want to consider a line that does not allow smoking on balconies. Otherwise, you may or may not have a problem, but be prepared just in case.

Btw, if you do stay with Carnival, and you encounter a problem with neighbors smoking on their balcony, please do not come back here and complain. You were warned about the possibilities!!

2 thumbs up

Is a certain side of Conquest deemed smoking? Worried about second hand smoke on balcony. We are in 9273. Thanks!

If your worried about second hand smoke ,don't get a balcony.

It's a smokers haven and a non smokers nightmare.

Archived