Maho Beach...GREAT DAY!!!

We were at Maho Beach on Thursday May 9th and had the most amazing time! Taxi from the port was 8$ per person,six in our taxi. About 30 minutes to get there, 45 Minutes to get back. Allow a little extra time, traffic is bad at certain times. We got two lounge chairs and a umbrella for 20$,the umbrella was a blessing,the sun gets HOT quick! Watching the planes land and take off is nothing short of amazing. I hope this helps, we will be back next year!

We were at Maho Beach on Thursday May 9th and had the most amazing time! Taxi from the port was 8$ per person,six in our taxi. About 30 minutes to get there, 45 Minutes to get back. Allow a little extra time, traffic is bad at certain times. We got two lounge chairs and a umbrella for 20$,the umbrella was a blessing,the sun gets HOT quick! Watching the planes land and take off is nothing short of amazing. I hope this helps, we will be back next year!

What times were you there? Early am till late afternoon??

I've never seen anyone with lounge chairs and umbrellas on Maho Beach before, usually the waves are strong from the planes so people are usually standing or sitting on the sand.

We were there yesterday and there was close to 20 chairs and umbrellas. All of them were close to Sunset Bar and Grill. You also have to rent them from Sunset unless you bring your own.

What times were you there? Early am till late afternoon??

Yesterday (the 25th) we were there from 10:30ish til 2pm. We saw lots of planes. Everything from little island hoppers to a Air France 747.

If you have any interest in aviation this is a must see. Sunset Bar and Grill is reasonably priced and very friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.....we were there years ago and loved it.....after that we always did beach days at orient.....

Debating on going back next visit, but our ship does not arrive till noon, which would not get us there till 1 pm....that's why I asked about the times.....

Thanks.....we were there years ago and loved it.....after that we always did beach days at orient.....

Debating on going back next visit, but our ship does not arrive till noon, which would not get us there till 1 pm....that's why I asked about the times.....

We were there from 9 until around 2,planes were coming in about every 20 minuets. At 1:10 there was a BIG Air France jet that landed. When you get there you can check the flight schedule on the surfboard at Sunset Bar. Be sure and allow enough time to get back to the port, traffic gets really bad late in the day, have a blast!!!

We were there from 9 until around 2,planes were coming in about every 20 minuets. At 1:10 there was a BIG Air France jet that landed. When you get there you can check the flight schedule on the surfboard at Sunset Bar. Be sure and allow enough time to get back to the port, traffic gets really bad late in the day, have a blast!!!

Were you on the Carnival Valor? We were there Saturday and Air France came in at the same time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Archived