Just checking my times...

polymerpig

I have not cruised in quite a while so I just wanted to refresh my memory on a few things. Our cruise is in July, Imagination out of Miami, 4 day Key West/Cozumel.

Last time I know we got to the port early enough to be in one of the first boarding groups after the Priority boarding. However, I don't remember what time that was! Also, with FTTF, has the boarding for "regular folk" been pushed a little later, since there is now another group in front of us? What time would you suggest we arrive at the port if we are aiming to get onboard soon after FTTF?

We are in Key West 7:30 - 1:30 and Cozumel 1:30 - 10:30. From doing a search it seems we are due back on the ship no later than 30 minutes before departure, so 1:00 and 10:00, correct? I know it can vary, but how long after those arrival times could we anticipate leaving the ship? I am thinking of booking a car service for my MIL who really can not walk far at all, and I'll need to give them a pick up time. I assume Carnival excursions would have priority leaving the ship?

Also, if ship time is 1:30, what would local time be for Cozumel in July?

I see that Carnival should be docking at Puerto Maya in Cozumel? Is there a way to find out which dock we will be at in Key West? We will be in port with the Magic according to whatsinport.com

Thanks for any help jogging my memory! I'm "in charge" of a group of 19 relatives, and the only one who does any research for trips...any other tips that will make me look brilliant would be appreciated ;-)

I have not cruised in quite a while so I just wanted to refresh my memory on a few things. Our cruise is in July, Imagination out of Miami, 4 day Key West/Cozumel.

Last time I know we got to the port early enough to be in one of the first boarding groups after the Priority boarding. However, I don't remember what time that was! Also, with FTTF, has the boarding for "regular folk" been pushed a little later, since there is now another group in front of us? What time would you suggest we arrive at the port if we are aiming to get onboard soon after FTTF? It's different for different ports & ships, but around 10:00-10:30 seems to be a good time to show up. Boarding the Breeze in Miami last month, we showed up at 10:00, and the platinums were getting on board before 11:00. Miami has been real bad about letting FTTF board with or before platinums. FTTF may put you on board about 10 minutes later than you would've gotten on without it.

We are in Key West 7:30 - 1:30 and Cozumel 1:30 - 10:30. From doing a search it seems we are due back on the ship no later than 30 minutes before departure, so 1:00 and 10:00, correct? Correct. I know it can vary, but how long after those arrival times could we anticipate leaving the ship? If there are no problems, you will probably be able to leave the ship at the stated time of arrival. They are usually docked before that time and have been cleared by that time. But not always. I am thinking of booking a car service for my MIL who really can not walk far at all, and I'll need to give them a pick up time. I assume Carnival excursions would have priority leaving the ship? No. These are docked ports, so you can just head on down towards Deck 0 when it's getting close to time, as many others will be doing the same thing. You just head off the ship. Carnival excursions do not have priority on docked ports. They often do in Belize, because that is a tendered port, and a very long tender ride. With a 1:30 arrival in Cozumel, it may be a madhouse of people trying to get off the ship once they're ready. That is an odd time, and people are going to want to rush to the beach or whatever. Be prepared for that. Carnival staff may turn people away trying to head down to Deck 0 early.

Also, if ship time is 1:30, what would local time be for Cozumel in July? If the ship doesn't change ship time while on board, Cozumel time will be 12:30. For the sake of knowing when to be back on board, stick with ship time. For the sake of scheduling an independent excursion, you may need to subtract an hour, depending on who you're going through.

I see that Carnival should be docking at Puerto Maya in Cozumel? Is there a way to find out which dock we will be at in Key West? We will be in port with the Magic according to whatsinport.com Don't know about Key West

Thanks for any help jogging my memory! I'm "in charge" of a group of 19 relatives, and the only one who does any research for trips...any other tips that will make me look brilliant would be appreciated ;-) My main tip would be to take care of yourself. Don't let them count on you to provide all the fun for them. You've done plenty & planned plenty of things for them. Once you are all on the cruise, they're on their own as far as having fun goes. You're not going to worry about it. "I'll be relaxing on a lounge chair and having a drink. If you don't know what to do with yourself, go figure something out." Other than that, just keep up to date with some of Carnival's changes when giving info on what to expect. Formal night is now Elegant night, meaning you don't have to go all super fancy if you don't want. No more Captains Cocktail Party. No past guest party on 4-day cruises. I don't know if your ship is doing the Taste Bar or the Martini tasting (extra money) or some of the other little things that might be of interest to some people. Different things on all different ships. Everyone can study the Fun Times on their own when you get on board.

Have a great cruise!

Our group had a 9:00 am pick-up at our FLL hotel. We were at POM apx 9:40. The porters were ready and waiting for the bags, so that was not a problem. They opened the doors right at 10 am and we were amoung the first to be let in.

** We are not VIP and did not purchase FTTF so arriving extra early worked out quite well for getting on board quickly.

:)

I agree with k2excursions last tip. Don't become overwhelmed with planning the other relatives excursions, etc, once on board. You've done enough work, and want to enjoy your cruise equally as well. Having dealt with this issue, in the future, I'd probably include some statement or notice to let everyone know that I'll be doing the planning for the cruise, and setting everything up, but once onboard, its every man for themselves (but put in a more cordial manner). lol

In Key West we've been docking close to Malorey Square. In Coz keep a watchful eye out for other ships coming into port after you. They shut down debarkation while other ships get tied up and that can take 20+ minutes to begin debarking again.

The gangway is on deck 0 forward and the glass elevators DON'T go down that far so use the main elevators.

Also, in Cozumel it's quite a long walk from the ship, down the LONG pier (through the shopping building which you can't go around) and out to where the cabs or a car service could pick you up. If someone in your party has mobility issues this could be a problem if you don't have a wheelchair.

Our group had a 9:00 am pick-up at our FLL hotel. We were at POM apx 9:40. The porters were ready and waiting for the bags, so that was not a problem. They opened the doors right at 10 am and we were amoung the first to be let in.

** We are not VIP and did not purchase FTTF so arriving extra early worked out quite well for getting on board quickly.

I dont know if I would arrive this early only to sit and wait.

At 10am the ship is only finished unboarding. You will not be getting on til closer til noon

Weddings get first onboard, handicapped, platinum and diamond along with FTTF- these people are not many.. even if its 100 people you will be right behind them 5-10 minutes later.

If someone in your party has mobility issues this could be a problem if you don't have a wheelchair.

Are there wheelchairs available at the ports, like you might find in an airport, or would she have to have her own? She could walk the distance, but it would be very slow and exhausting for her, and could wipe her out for the rest of the excursion.

Thanks

I dont know if I would arrive this early only to sit and wait.

At 10am the ship is only finished unboarding. You will not be getting on til closer til noon

Weddings get first onboard, handicapped, platinum and diamond along with FTTF- these people are not many.. even if its 100 people you will be right behind them 5-10 minutes later.

It may not be a popular choice for everyone but it worked well for us. Actually the wait was not all that long, plus we were with family and friends. It was much better than waiting at the hotel for a later shuttle time. If I flew into FLL and sailed out of POM, I would rebook the same time. Our shuttle company told us that pick-ups in FLL at 10am or later are more popular hence more passengers which may give us an arrival time at the port of after 11am. By that time, it was quite crowded. I'd rather sit inside than wait in line.

Archived