Onboard Allure of the Seas right now - any questions

Realised there are 4 of the freestyle coke machines in the Windjammer so that helps. Also I take it back about the WJ being a zoo. It's all about timing. We went at 12:30 and plenty of tables to choose from.

Was 150 worth it, in your opinion?
For the two of us, IMHO then yes. It's enabled me to upload photos and Patrick write a daily blog (link to be provided later) and keep in touch with family via email etc. All depends how much you want or need to cut off from the outside world.

Here's a link to some of my photos, all uploaded using the WiFi on board. Some are from our pre cruise stay at the fabulous Lago Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale (that's the 2 bedroomed suite with an oceanview we got a free upgrade to)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151371007042653.1073741830.710992652&type=1&l=21cbd68763

Hope you have a great cruise! Do you see anyone with a "beer bag"? It's a blue/yellow insulated bag, and the beers are cheaper than buying 7 or 8 individually. DH got one on Allure last summer...wondering if the deal is still available, so we can use it on Oasis in 2 weeks! Thanks!

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time! Hopefully, the rest of your vacation is enjoyable.

Who is the Cruise Director, and who is the Captain?

Thanks for answering all of our questions.

Ken Rush is the CD and the captain I'll have to find out and will post tomorrow :D

How is the speed of the Internet?

Painfully slow?

Its good and not too slow, not super fast but ok.

Hi Peter

We are sailing first week of June and can't wait. We really trying to under pack this trip

Do they have shampoo and soap despensers in the shower?

What nights were formal nights?

Thanks so much

Shampoo and a bar of soap in the shower. I'd suggest bringing your own as we have done. Formal nights were day 2 (Nassau) and day 6 (at sea).

Hope you have a great cruise! Do you see anyone with a "beer bag"? It's a blue/yellow insulated bag, and the beers are cheaper than buying 7 or 8 individually. DH got one on Allure last summer...wondering if the deal is still available, so we can use it on Oasis in 2 weeks! Thanks!
Yes I've seen it at the bars and people have purchased them but I don't know the pricing details sorry.

Another internet question please. Can you log into Skype? The last time I was on board, they blocked the sites that used larger amounts of data.

Yes I can login to Skype and go 'online' but to be honest I haven't tried making a Skype call.

Are your Diamond coupons loaded on your Sea Pass card, or did you still receive a paper book?

Have a great cruise, we will be boarding NEXT week!

We still received a book but I look forward to when they are on the card as it saves having to complete each one by hand.

If you can remember

Do you know which for a fee restaurants are open for lunch?

I like the MDR menu and don't like missing out.

The following for fee restaurants are open for lunch.

Rita's Cantina

Johnny Rockets

Giovanni's Table

Izumi

Vintages Tapas

Archived