2 families travelling together

Pretty in Pink

Hi all,

We are two families travelling together and have reserved 3 rooms. In one of the rooms we have members from each family. Is there a way to bill the charges from each key card to the room where the rest of the family is staying? It would be so much easier than figuring out how much each family owes on the bill at the end of the cruise.

I know when we had 2 friends joining us for a vacation last year I could put 2 different credit cards in one for each person when I did the online check in so o don't see an issue have you done the online check in yet?

I believe that each key card can be tied to a specific credit card. Of course, everyone has to make sure they have their own card. Might want to make them with a permanent mark somewhere to tell them apart. When we travel as a family we tend to throw all the cards down on a counter and just pick one up on the way out.

I believe that each key card can be tied to a specific credit card. Of course, everyone has to make sure they have their own card. Might want to make them with a permanent mark somewhere to tell them apart. When we travel as a family we tend to throw all the cards down on a counter and just pick one up on the way out.

your name is on the card so not sure marking it with marker is necessary.

your name is on the card so not sure marking it with marker is necessary.

Thanks, I couldn't remember. I was also speaking of land based vacation where we have rentals with 6 to 8 in one accommodation. There's always a pile of cards on the counter near the door.

Items are charged to a specific individual's seapass card rather than a stateroom. When you do your check-in, including the online check-in for your "Xpress Pass" boarding document, you identify the charge card you will be using and indicate who in your cabin, and who in other cabins, can have their seapass charges put through to your credit card.

The only place where I can see you getting into problems would be for minibar usage, laundry and chargeable room service items where the card isn't presented. While the mini-bar has a self reporting charge slip available, and the other items may include a space for the name, there is still a chance they will be charged to the first name that comes up when the charge is put through. So you might want to double check these items periodically and have guest relations adjust the accounts if needed. But you shouldn't have any issue on other purchases where cards would be presented.

Even though this information is entered during online advance check in, I'd still mention it to the person doing the final cruise terminal check in where your full credit card info is taken.

If they are your children in the 3rd cabin when you have the minibar emptied yiu might want to ask them to completely remove it, not put it under the bed. My brothers would have found it. Also you can send laundry from your cabin and put spending limits on their sea passes. Since those are the primary areas for mischarging

Beth

Archived