Mid-January 10-Day Canary Island Weather?

Da-Painter

We are looking to book the NCL Spirit for a Mid January 10 Day Canary Island & Morocco from Barcelona cruise.

If you were on this cruise in the past, how was the weather in Mid January. I have looked in older posts, and average historical temps, but not finding specifically what I am looking for.

Was it cool, warm, hot??? I hear its windy.

Thanks to all for your information. :)

The canaries tend to have a fairly constant weather pattern.

I went end of December and it was around 80F and Sunny.

But from the beach to the mountains there can be a radical change in temp so if you go on excursions inland bear that in mind. Water is captured high up so often cloudy misty rain. Then down to the coast and rapidly warms up!

We did that intinerary in 2009 and only in Canaries was it warm enough to say it was really warm. In other ports weather was anything in between and it was quite windy all the time we were in the Atlantic (ship rocking a lot) - the Mediterranean side was really smooth.

Did it first week of Feb this year. The weather was far from great. Very, very windy once we hit the Atlantic. Too cold and windy to be outside on deck much at all. At the ports it was a little better but still needed to have something warm handy. The Captain said it was because the winds were coming from Siberia and making it so damned cold.

We are planning to do this one again but are looking much later in the season, maybe March/April

Did it first week of Feb this year. The weather was far from great. Very, very windy once we hit the Atlantic. Too cold and windy to be outside on deck much at all. At the ports it was a little better but still needed to have something warm handy. The Captain said it was because the winds were coming from Siberia and making it so damned cold.

We are planning to do this one again but are looking much later in the season, maybe March/April

Thanks for the info. We live in WA and want to go someplace warmer, in the winter. But not really interested if its that cool. Maybe plan it for March/April. We were also considering an aft suite also for this cruise.

We had a fore suite for the Panama Canal, and that was fine, but was too windy many times to sit out there while cruising. But great for going through the canal.

Tony Too. :);)

I like Washington and have always said I could live in that state. Your climate is quite British in many ways. It would be a terrible shame to come so far and not get the good weather. We sailed to get some winter sun and warmth but it didn't really deliver on that. First day or so was OK from Barcelona but then it deteriorated. Space indoors was at a premium. Still a great cruise though. Lovely crew and ship.

Archived