UK Booking and using ChoiceAir

missminnie

Hi All

We've recently booked a TA Celebrity cruise and whilst flights are not available yet we were searching the site and found some good prices.

Our outbound flight is available (but not inbound) so thought I'd go into ChoiceAir with our reservation number and just see what the prices were for our outbound flight. It wouldn't let me search as said the booking wasn't in the correct currency.

So emailed ChoiceAir to find out how to resolve and been told ChoiceAir cannot be used for bookings made outside of the US. Is this correct?? as we booked the cruise based on the fact we could get cheaper one-way airfares through ChoiceAir than through airlines directly. A one-way airfare from UK to Miami for 2 adults is nearly the same as the cruise itself so there was no way we are going to pay those prices.

If so, I was not informed by Celebrity that we couldn't use Choice Air so really quite annoyed :mad:

Choice Air is available for bookings made in US and Canada. Two years ago, Celebrity indicated they were about to extend it to include UK bookings, but as far as I know they didn't actually follow through with this and if that is the case, Celebrity booking agents in the UK would be unlikely to have any knowledge of Choice Air.

In the UK, you can book a fly/cruise, which includes flights, transfers and overnight hotel (transatlantic flights generally arrive too late in the day for you to get to the ship)and we have always found the prices very reasonable compared with booking everything separately.

The only way to get the ChoiceAir fares

is to book through a US based TA.

I have just booked a TA and the flight

Back to the UK is with Air France Houston to Manchester

And the cost in Premium Economy is £445.

The only other wayis to join Avios or any airline reward program

and buy the miles And then use them for a reward flight.

Avios seems better than Virgin.

This is another reason for not using a UK based agency as if you

cancel you will lose your deposit .

Choice Air is available for bookings made in US and Canada. Two years ago, Celebrity indicated they were about to extend it to include UK bookings, but as far as I know they didn't actually follow through with this and if that is the case, Celebrity booking agents in the UK would be unlikely to have any knowledge of Choice Air.

In the UK, you can book a fly/cruise, which includes flights, transfers and overnight hotel (transatlantic flights generally arrive too late in the day for you to get to the ship)and we have always found the prices very reasonable compared with booking everything separately.

Yes, spot on!

Actual flights will not be available until approximately 10 months before the cruise. However, often Celebrity offer flight add-ons before this [and actual flights will be added once they become available]. Now prices seem to be increasing steeply, this means you can fix the price of your flights early and get a very good deal. This is much earlier than you could book flights through Choice Air.

We have been able to add the flight option on our November 2014 TA but not our 2015 Transpacific.

Sue

Thanks all

We had booked our fly/cruise package through Celebrity as the flights for the 2 one-way's and hotel in Miami and transfers was £735 each was is reasonable.

It's just when we check Choice Air a one way flight from LHR to MIA with Virgin is only $504.

Celebrity knew we were either going to keep the flights add on with them or use ChoiceAir. I'm just annoyed they didn't mention we couldn't use ChoiceAir. I wouldn't have checked the prices if I'd known.

Just find it frustrating that US/Canada can get some very good flight prices yet we can't. But it's the same flight so doesn't matter who fills it!

Thanks all

We had booked our fly/cruise package through Celebrity as the flights for the 2 one-way's and hotel in Miami and transfers was £735 each was is reasonable.

It's just when we check Choice Air a one way flight from LHR to MIA with Virgin is only $504.

Celebrity knew we were either going to keep the flights add on with them or use ChoiceAir. I'm just annoyed they didn't mention we couldn't use ChoiceAir. I wouldn't have checked the prices if I'd known.

Just find it frustrating that US/Canada can get some very good flight prices yet we can't. But it's the same flight so doesn't matter who fills it!

Often the same flight bought from the same airline are priced differently depending on where you are buying it even if bought direct from the airline. It is the way of things. There are different conditions if you buy in the US and the EU for example but there is also supply and demand.

Sue

Archived