A question for those that have Anytime Dining as opposed to Late

CherylCT

Right now we are signed up for late dining but it's just a little later than I would like but the early is out of the questions for us. I am thinking of trying anytime. For those that have done it, did you have to wait long before being seated? How did you like it? If you've done late dining, what time do the shows begin?

TIA!

Right now we are signed up for late dining but it's just a little later than I would like but the early is out of the questions for us. I am thinking of trying anytime. For those that have done it, did you have to wait long before being seated? How did you like it? If you've done late dining, what time do the shows begin?

TIA!

It depends on the time you want to dine. The peak time from 6:30 to 8:30PM could have a little wait especially if a table for two.

I have done ATD on both Carnival cruises. I don't think I have ever waited, other than standing in line to be seated...and that only took about 5 minutes. On formal night, however, we did see longer lines as we were leaving the dining room, but we tend to eat early so that we can see the shows and then if we get hungry later, we hit up the buffet for a light snack. It's nice to eat early and have your evening free to do whatever you want.

TIA!

Beginning with my 2nd cruise; all I've done is ATD/YTD. I love it. I eat when I'm hungry. I've only had a long wait once; I believe it was a 30 minute wait and they MDR staff delivered treats to my cabin; I wasn't expecting that.

I love ATD; especially for port intensive cruises. I've never done late dining. My first cruise was early dining...and I had to force myself to eat; I was never hungry at those times.

TIA!

We went to the dining room at about 6 every evening and never had a wait for a 2-top in Francisco's section. I do think that if you chose to go between 6:30 and 8:30, you may have to wait. The production shows usually have 2 performances also so making the early 1 for late diners or the later 1 for early diners can usually be done. Have a great trip.

We always do ATD, and normally show up for dinner about 7:30 / 8:00.

The longest wait we have experienced is on Formal nights and the wait was no more than 20 minutes. I would never go back to regular seatings.

Enjoy ;)

on my last 3 cruises we have used atd

the longest wait we had was 10 minutes i love this option as it lets us decide when we want to eat

I couldn't have said it better....ATD is the only way for us.

Love the flexibility.

I have always dont ATD. It works great for us, we dont like to be tied to eating at a certain time, we eat when we are hungry. I have never waited longer than 10-15 minutes for a table, and they give you a pager so you can go to a bar and have a drink while you wait (or do anything else you want while you wait) It really is very convienient.

Archived