Parking at Baltimore...any cheaper alternatives?

Dharma517

We were thinking of parking at BWI (we have free parking reward points we can use) but then we need a roundtrip taxi. I am not sure if this is a significant savings. I am sure others have thought this thru. Thanks!

Oh man, we just talked about this on another thread. Let me see if I can remember, I think the cab ride from BWI is around $50-$55 one way, so figure $100-$110 round trip, and parking at terminal is $15 per day, so it works out to be very close. In the other thread, we factored in costs to park at BWI, so it was more expensive than parking at terminal. It might be just a tad cheaper for you depending on the number of days you will be cruising.

Howdy.

Cab ride is about 30 bucks each way , incl tip...you will have to park in Long Term, take a shuttle with your bags to the main terminal, pick up a cab, and then do i all over again in reverse. It is $105 for seven days at the pier, $56 PLUS $60 for cab fare from BWI.

Even if there were no tip, at $52 round trip you still won't save money. The port is SOOO easy!!!

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/baltim...re+Cruise+Port

:)Elizabeth and Andrew:)

Lisa, Garth and Thomas

Howdy.

Cab ride is about 30 bucks each way , incl tip...you will have to park in Long Term, take a shuttle with your bags to the main terminal, pick up a cab, and then do i all over again in reverse. It is $105 for seven days at the pier, $56 PLUS $60 for cab fare from BWI.

Even if there were no tip, at $52 round trip you still won't save money. The port is SOOO easy!!!

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/baltim...re+Cruise+Port

:)Elizabeth and Andrew:)

Lisa, Garth and Thomas

Thanks for that - I remembered seeing 50 or 60 number in a recent post, but could not remember if that was cab fare or not :). It was, but for round trip...

We cruised Baltimore last April and stayed at a hotel that included up to 14 days free parking. It was a no brainer. For $100. we got a night at the hotel, breakfast, free shuttle to and from the port and were able to leave the car there .

We're only 2 1/2 hrs. from the port but it was great starting our vacation early.

We used Trinity Travel for our reservations at the hotel.

Like others have said, when you factor in the price and the time of cabbing/busing to your car and back, it's so much easier to just park at the port. You're literally feet from your car (and 95!) when you debark and out of there in no time. Last year I went from the boat to my home in Virginia in an hour. Having to shuttle to my car would've doubled that.

I just booked a pre-hotel stay in Baltimore that included free parking for 14 days. The hotel was $120 with tax, while parking at the port would be $115. So for an extra $5 I'm getting a nights stay (which is convenient because we have a 8 hour drive to Baltimore) and a free breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, also looking for Park n Cruise hotel. Again, for $115 parking at port (which of course is convenient) for approx. the same price I get a hotel the night before & an early start to our fun!:)

Archived