How do you know if your Steakhouse reservation went through?

CherylCT

I made a reservation through the Carnival website but never received any confirmation. How do I know it went through? Is there any way to check?

I emailed the ship directly at 11:36 am and received a follow-up email at 9:27 pm (I didn't state what time I wanted to go; I thought it was like Chef's Table when they told you what time to arrive). I replied back at 11:30 pm and received my official confirmation the next day at 9:46 pm.

So, I guess it depends on the Steakhouse Manager. I don't recall if there's a space online to provide you email address; so I don't know how they provide confirmation when you book online.

Maybe I should email them rather than trying to make the reservation through the Carnival website? Seems if they're offering this option, it should work.:confused: I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. Thanks.

I made a reservation through the Carnival website but never received any confirmation. How do I know it went through? Is there any way to check?

I received a e-mail about 48hrs later confirming ENJOY the dinner:)

Maybe I should email them rather than trying to make the reservation through the Carnival website? Seems if they're offering this option, it should work.:confused: I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. Thanks.

Be patient. I made reservations thru the website and received my confirmation from the maitre d' 6 days later. During the months leading up to the cruise, I emailed directly to the steakhouse multiple times concerning adding a guest, and changing the reservation time. Every email was answered, but the wait time between the emails varied from hours to days. They are very busy, and I'm sure you will get your reply as soon as they get the opportunity to address it.

I never got a response when I booked through the Carnival website, so I went to John's Help Desk on JohnHealdsBlog.com and booked our reservations. I received an email response within 24 hours.

This. I made a reservation through John's blog and we got a confirmation 36 hours later. Try it this way. I can't imagine them being sold out now!

It is obvious the Steakhouse reservation system needs to be overhauled. Any internet based reservation system should at least provide an acknowledgement of your inquiry. Because it is ship based this creates difficulty with communication. Carnival should move this on shore.

Btw I have never seen. It sold out! I have called many times from my room and been there 5 minutes later. Has anyone ever been told sorry we are full?

I have called the day of and been told "we have no availability for this evening" I always try to book prior to my cruise and use the option in the "plan your activities" screen. In the last three attempts I have received a response within 24 hours. I can always cancel or try to change the date if there is a conflict. BTW, the steak house is so worth the money. Happy cruising!

I made reservations online for 2 days on our upcoming Splendor cruise. I got one in about 24 hours and the other took about 36 - but I got email confirmations for both. Check your spam/junk folder - they might be in there.

HMMMM,,,I tried making a reservation on the web site three days ago, but so far haven't received anything back confirming my res. :confused: I'm diamond, so it doesn't matter too much, but I'll give 'em a call later today, to see if the reservation actually got through. I'm sailing "Breeze" in September, so maybe it's too early for them to "rush" an acknowledgement. ;)

"SKY"

Archived