Internet on Freedom

During past cruises, we have cut ourselves off from the Internet to enjoy our vacation. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I may need the Internet to Skype or FaceTime back to work.

How much is Internet access on Freedom? What are the options?

I have seen posts for unlimited on other ship. Is that possible on Freedom?

During past cruises, we have cut ourselves off from the Internet to enjoy our vacation. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I may need the Internet to Skype or FaceTime back to work.

How much is Internet access on Freedom? What are the options?

I have seen posts for unlimited on other ship. Is that possible on Freedom?

The unlimited service is not available on the Freedom yet, we just got off on 5/12. I got a 240 minute pkg (with an additional 20 min cause I purchased it the first day) and the cost was $89.95 and $3.95 set up fee. While the service was slow, it was do able and I was able to take care of everything I needed to while I was gone.

Depending on which ports you go to, internet time is from $1 a hour to $6.

Its much faster internet in the ports as well. ONboard is much like dial up.

I would try and use the internet in ports as much as you can and avoid using it on the ship unless you just have no other choice.

We were on the Freedom in April. It was slow and hard to use anywhere but in the Cyber Cafe and on their computers. I bought a 45 minute package and spent 10 minutes typing an email and then lost the signal and couldn't get back on to log off correctly. I ended up wasting all my 45 minutes because of those 10 minutes and my inability to log off. Was told not to use it in the room and in the lobby and had the same issue. The signal would come and go and you have to log off to "stop the timer". After pleading with the guy in the Cyber Cafe, he gave me 10 minutes free so we could check in to our flights and print boarding passes.

Unless you plan on using their computers in the Cafe, don't bother. It was not reliable at all.

Free wifi at places in port were a lot better. Margaritaville in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman was great to catch up with friends and family.

Not sure if it mattered what level of cabin one is in but I was on freedom mid April. Staying in a suite, mid ships. I had no issue with the wifi in my cabin. Was not super fast, but was not dial up either. I used both my iPad and laptop at times. I bought a package and used all but 1 minute of it too. Think I paid for 45 minutes or so. One has to remember to log off. I made the log off page a favorite so it was quick and easy to get to when I was ready.

OP will be in the caymans where its easy to get free internet.

Burger King I could connect for free outside, but in the bring 90 degree sun, I could not see my tablet to use it hardly. Of course maybe my eyesight isnt great, but tablets are not great in the sun.

So, you would have had to buy something inside, or I would have to go inside in the a/c. There is a coffee shop nearby that also allows free internet if you buy a coffee or a can or coke or whatever. They are one street back from the ocean main drag.

Archived