Assumption Day (Italy) - 8-15-13

cruiselove1

I just became aware that Assumption Day, a National holiday in Italy, is August 15th, 2013. This is the day that I am supposed to be arriving in Rome to stay one day before my cruise departs on the 16th. Does anyone know if the archaeological sites or other main visitor attractions will be open that day? Thanks.

Vatican Museum will be closed. The Colosseum/Forum/Palatine will be open. You can do a search for what you are interested in to see if it will be open or not. Some restaurants and shops will be closed.

I just became aware that Assumption Day, a National holiday in Italy, is August 15th, 2013. This is the day that I am supposed to be arriving in Rome to stay one day before my cruise departs on the 16th. Does anyone know if the archaeological sites or other main visitor attractions will be open that day? Thanks.

We were in Rome on the Feast of the Assumption LAST year! We went to the Colosseum as the Vatican and Sistine chapel were closed. Lots of shops and cafes were closed too......our lunch choices were limited! But we were able to see St. Peters Basilica too, which was beautiful. :)

Archived