Anybody cruised during SuperBowl?

Davey-D-99

One note: we didn't get to see those fun super bowl commercials since it was a satellite linkup

That would have been great for change...They are always blocked out for us here in Canada. Never any special commercials for us:(

We cruised during the opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics last year. They showed the opening ceremony on the Lido deck big screen and had a little party where they gave out little flags to everyone.

I love watching the Winter Olympics... Hoping they will be on during our last two sea days back to port. It would mean some real late night viewing with the time difference from Russia though...

I'd love to do a superbowl cruise. But I remember reading someones review and they talked about bringing blankets to drape over the seats they wanted to save in the lounges..and even people sleeping in there to save seats.

Anyone ever seen this? Besides that, it sounds like a blast!

We were on the Splendor for the Super Bowl this year. They made a big deal of it. In the main show lounge, right at the stage, they setup a recliner with a bunch of football stuff to make a sort of tailgate party. They asked a football related trivia question before each quarter and the winner got to sit in the recliner and drink all they could during the quarter. They had tables setup at the entrance to the lounge serving hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.

The downside was that it was embarkation day and the festivities were interrupted by the safety briefing and that was the game with the power outage. Weird timing, but fun! John

I think it would be fun if my team wasn't in the "big game." If my 49ers are in the game, I have to be at home on my own couch wearing my own "lucky" clothes and doing all of my pre-game rituals. I don't even like going to the game itself, although we enjoy all the pre-game hoopla in the city of the game. New Orleans was a blast this year.

We cruised two years ago during the NFC championship game and the 49ers were playing. It was horrid! We got on the ship early and begged our way into our room so that we could watch in private, but our departure was delayed because of fog. We ended up having lifeboat drill during an important part of the game and people looked at us like we were crazy dressed in our 49er gear and standing near the door so that we could dash back to watch on the tv instead of on our phones.

We took our 1st ever cruise last year (2012) on Miracle, Southern. I never realized we were on for Superbowl Sunday. It was our last day at sea, and two weeks before I was home watching the playoffs. Never in a hundred years could I predict that not only was it Superbowl Sunday on our cruise, but our team would be there playing. And had a GIANT win!!!!!!!!!

The drawback to me was there was no big screen on lido. And the sport bar was monopolized for hours ahead of the big game

. We had a cabin crawl that afternoon, so couldn't get into the chair hogging. Anyway, that cabin crawl was also a highlight for us. The icing was obviously our team winning. And we were definitely watching all commercials as well as the 1/2 time show. It was So. Much. Fun! LOL

• 1 month later...

I will be on the liberty and on superbowl sunday we will be at HMC. What do people do when they are in port? Im not a football fan and I realize what date it was after I booked it. Even though I do like to look at championship games this was not on my bucket list. Sounds like a organized chaos so there are no stumbling drunks or people fighting over the games? 1/2 lol. I guess I rather be in HMC but then again when history will be made I want to be there.

My wife and I were on a Celebrity cruise to the Caribbean in early February 2010 (I think). Anyway, New Orleans and Indianapolis played with the Saints winning. It was a blast! There was a HUGE screen and cheerleaders for both teams. Celebrity did it right and it truly was the best Superbowl I ever saw. Bob

Glad to hear this! My first Celebrity cruise is booked for next year's superbowl and I had read about their festivities on other threads! Thanks for the confirmation!

I will be on the liberty and on superbowl sunday we will be at HMC. What do people do when they are in port? Im not a football fan and I realize what date it was after I booked it. Even though I do like to look at championship games this was not on my bucket list. Sounds like a organized chaos so there are no stumbling drunks or people fighting over the games? 1/2 lol. I guess I rather be in HMC but then again when history will be made I want to be there.

You'll be back on-board 3-3.5 hours before kickoff.

We were on the Breeze last year, had a great time, we were on the lido deck and the CD gave out prizes when there was a score and they had a special set up right in front of the big screen and each quarter someone won drinks and a chance to sit there. They gave out beads of the color for the teams. Lots of yelling. No special food it was the normal lido deck food for that time of night. Place was full no seats left. Come early. This year we will be on the Freedom, wonder who the teams will be ? We were Raven fans last year :D. This year we want Pittsburg. (wishfullthinking) whoever it will be a party.

We just booked our next cruise...Feb. on Breeze. Very excited.

However I just realized I'll be on board during the SuperBowl.:eek:

Please tell me it will be on the big screen or something...

Do they do anything special?

It's also the opening ceremony and first two days of the Winter Olympics that week.

We sailed during Super Bowl 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun.

They showed the game in the main theater. Lots of drink specials all day.

You'll be back on-board 3-3.5 hours before kickoff.

oh ok then do you think we will have shows for people who don't like to watch football? I like the Olympics but the excitement of the cruise for me is to watch shows and do the "mundane" stuff that comes with the cruise. Traveling alone so not sure what to do with myself anyway but this makes it harder.

WE were on the Valor (I think) in 2009 - Steelers, Cardinals. When we booked our cruise, I didn't think about the Super Bowl. When I found out, I was bummed thinking I would miss it. But they showed it on the big screen on the Lido. Best Super bowl EVER! Nothing like lounging on the Lido under the moon watching football!

We have been on 5 Superbowl cruises, and we don't really care about football, we just like to cruise in February...lol. It does make for a good party though.

I am sure the olympics will be on in the sports bar as most major sporting events are.

Weldon How awesome was our Superbowl cruise ???????

I run annual Superbowl group cruises now every year !! Check my signature you will see them all. If anyone wants to join this years, I have booking instructions in my signature.:D Its one AWESOME big party !!!!!

We sailed just this year on Victory during the Superbowl and like others stated, it was on the big screen on the lido deck and on a screen in the main showlounge.

Also sailed during winter olympics a few years ago on Valor. US hockey team was playing the Canadian hockey team either the day we boarded or the next day (cannot remember which day it was). The game was showing on the large screen on the Lido deck. That's when we realized how many Canadians were on the ship!!

Enjoy!

We were on the Breeze for the Superbowl this past February. They did show the Superbowl on the lido and in the Ovation theatre...not sure where else. They had football food and even had special drinks for each team's colors. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that we didn't get to see the Superbowl commercials. I guess because of the way they have to get the programming, it isn't regular network and you don't get those. Oh well, it was still fun to watch it on the boat though.

We were on the Breeze for the Superbowl this past February. They did show the Superbowl on the lido and in the Ovation theatre...not sure where else. They had football food and even had special drinks for each team's colors. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that we didn't get to see the Superbowl commercials. I guess because of the way they have to get the programming, it isn't regular network and you don't get those. Oh well, it was still fun to watch it on the boat though.

wow that is very surprising that you did not get the commercials... we have always gotten the commercials on every ship. I hope this is not a CCL trend.

Archived