Anybody cruised during SuperBowl?

Davey-D-99

We just booked our next cruise...Feb. on Breeze. Very excited.

However I just realized I'll be on board during the SuperBowl.:eek:

Please tell me it will be on the big screen or something...

Do they do anything special?

It's also the opening ceremony and first two days of the Winter Olympics that week.

I cruised during Superbowl year before last.

They showed it in the main theater, in the Sports Bar and the big screen on Lido. If you want to watch it on Lido, get your seats early.

They also served football watching food. Hamburgers, hotdogs, I don't remember everything, but there was quite a variety.

I don't know what they do, if anything, for the Olympics. I'm sure it will be on a TV somewhere on the ship.

We sailed on Superbowl Sunday 2010. They made a big deal about it and even delayed muster drill until the next day so we wouldn't miss any of the game. That was before the Costa Concordia disaster though so I don't know if they would delay muster for Superbowl anymore. The game was being shown on most TV's and on a big screen in the main show lounge where they had a Superbowl party going on. This was the on Spirit and there was no big screen out on the lido deck or else I'm sure it would have been showing on there too if there had been one.

I also cruised during Super bowl last year and everyone is right they played it on the big screen and a few other places. They had all kinds of finger foods. Sorry I can't answer about the Olympics.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to add we sailed from Miami one Superbowl, the year Miami was the host city for the game.

And then to add insult to injury, having a pre night hotel stay, we found ourselves on the same floor as many players, so that was basically a sleepless night.

We had no interest in even finding out if they were airing the game the next day.

My first cruise was a Superbowl cruise, but I did not realize it until we were on the ship. They showed the game in the main show lounge on the Fantasy and it might have been great if the gulf had not been a turbulent mess--there were bag stands all over the place.

We were on the Elation out of New Orleans this year during Super Bowl..Lots of excitement and security in New Orleans before leaving port. During the Super Bowl, they had the game playing in the theater, the bar at the back of the buffet, the sports bar, and the bar outside the Punchliner. They had typical finger food lines set up in the theater. It was fun. It was an At Sea day, so everyone was on the ship. But you could always find a spot to sit and watch.

We have been on 5 Superbowl cruises, and we don't really care about football, we just like to cruise in February...lol. It does make for a good party though.

I am sure the olympics will be on in the sports bar as most major sporting events are.

Woooo...Thanks for the replies:D

No I'm kinda getting excited about it...

Not that my fav team is going to be playing it:(

You are booked on the one I want to go on for my 50th birthday! I'm going to be needing my Panthers to make it all the way though

I also booked Dream for 2/1 just for the experience of watching Superbowl with a beer in Lido pool. I asked the same questions and was told by Cruise planner "Guaranteed" game will be on. Leaving 2/1 to make sure we are at sea during game with everyone settled in 2/2 getting muster drill and all other first day stuff out of the way.

I sailed a couple of years ago during the SuperBowl 2010, and it was like no one even knew it was going on. They set up a makeshift screen in the comedy lounge aft and about 20 people showed up. Kinda an afterthought it seemed. I figured it would have been a big deal and a great opportunity for beer sales, but they didn't even advertise it.

May have changed in the last 2 years though.

I think I might have a hard time convincing my family I want to skip dinner in the MDR that night in favour of Football finger foods and beer on the Lido deck. My DW is not a football fan at all:eek:

Guess I'll cross that yardline when we get there:rolleyes:

I was on the QM2 during the cricket championships and it was shown everywhere. Woo Hoo. Bored the you-know-what out of me. Also sailed during BCS time 2 years in a row and both HAL somewhat and Oceania more-so made sure it was televised in several locations including the cabins. It can be dicey though since the feed generally is ESPN UK on many ships. The ship staff likes to make the passengers happy. Bring your football jerseys.

My wife and I were on a Celebrity cruise to the Caribbean in early February 2010 (I think). Anyway, New Orleans and Indianapolis played with the Saints winning. It was a blast! There was a HUGE screen and cheerleaders for both teams. Celebrity did it right and it truly was the best Superbowl I ever saw. Bob

I was on the Sensation in Feb 2010 for the Superbowl. They had it playing on pretty much every tv on the ship...lol. They even had Miller Lite tshirts at the Lido bars for sale that had a 'Super Party' theme on them. We got on the boat that day and it was heavily advertised in the Funtimes as well as over PA until it started.

Cruised Superbowl Sunday out of New Orleans in 2010 on NCL. It was when the NLO Saints won... After muster they let us all get back to the auditorium where they had the big screen set up and they served snacks and such during the game - was one of the best trips we ever took. The boat was probably 95% people wearing their Saints gear and only 5% for the Colts. (I think most sailed to get away from Mardi Gras going on that next week and it was just a bonus for the Saints to be playing as well) It was quite the celebration in the end.

One note: we didn't get to see those fun super bowl commercials since it was a satellite linkup.

We just booked our next cruise...Feb. on Breeze. Very excited.

However I just realized I'll be on board during the SuperBowl.:eek:

Please tell me it will be on the big screen or something...

Do they do anything special?

It's also the opening ceremony and first two days of the Winter Olympics that week.

We cruised over Super Bowl and the game was televised on the big screen TV. There was a "party" on Lido deck with plenty of hot dogs and hamburgers.

We cruised during the opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics last year. They showed the opening ceremony on the Lido deck big screen and had a little party where they gave out little flags to everyone.

Archived