Skagway with kids and rental van

Kerry's Girls

Hi all -

After almost a year of reading these boards and finding loads of help here, we're two weeks away from our cruise. We're now re-thinking the idea of the long drive to Emerald Lake with three 8 year olds and a toddler. When we drove through Big Sir (also a stunning drive) earlier this year, they were entranced for a short time and then didn't care so much after awhile. Is there another destination to aim for with the rental van? We are doing the Ocean Raft speed boat at the end of the day (5:30), so I'm now trying to decide if we should give up the van reservation or not.

Can we explore the suspension bridge if we drive ourselves? I don't find any information on entrance fees, etc - just that they do cruise tours.

Thanks so much!

All the best,

Mia

Hi all -

Can we explore the suspension bridge if we drive ourselves? I don't find any information on entrance fees' date=' etc - just that they do cruise tours.

Thanks so much!

All the best,

Mia[/quote']

Mia,

You can do the suspension bridge own your own. Also if you download Murray's Guide to the South Klondike Highway for $5 you can receive 1/2 of admission price for everyone in your party. The normal admission fee is $20 for adults, $17 for kids & seniors & children under 6 are free. So you could save quite a bit. It's located at mile marker 29.5

Mia,

You can do the suspension bridge own your own. Also if you download Murray's Guide to the South Klondike Highway for $5 you can receive 1/2 of admission price for everyone in your party. The normal admission fee is $20 for adults, $17 for kids & seniors & children under 6 are free. So you could save quite a bit. It's located at mile marker 29.5

Wow - fantastic tip! I hadn't downloaded the guide yet, but planned to.

Thank you!

Archived