Faster to Fun/Today/Dream/FYI

legalwife

Think this might be better if you are flying in at port close to pier or driving direct and can get there early.

Son on Dream. Flight arrived Orlando Airport appx 10:15. Used pre-paid Carnival transfers. Waited for shuttle. Arrived at port and was on ship at 1:00. Did have to wait at airport for shuttle to leave for awhile. Checking in at port was good as to not waiting in regular line. Received the two small suitcases around 2:00 which was also good. TBUT the two large ones that they really need had not arrived when I last talked to him at sail away at about 4:30. No contraband in those.

Maybe just a snag with their suitcases, but they were supposed to get luggage early...

Oh well. Just thought I would share. Worth the $50.00? Maybe.

Ive always said the same thing, what is the point of buying FTTF and not arriving early so you get on the ship early?

Ive seen some posts asking when to arrive.. and I say get there before 11.

If you are flying in later, I agree, what is the point of FTTF?

Ive always said the same thing, what is the point of buying FTTF and not arriving early so you get on the ship early?

It is still beneficial if you have ports where you tender, and also to skip the main line at Guest Services.

I for one just love fttf, to me benefits in order of importance are;

1. Cabin room ready upon embarkation (that alone is worth $50 to me)

Really don't like dragging my bags around til 1:30.

2. Waiting in queue with 10 - 30 ppl instead of thousands

3. Priority tender (when needed)

4. It just seems to bug many of the platinum/diamond cruisers :p

Even if you arrive after general boarding has started, FTTF is still a benefit...or at least it was in Miami.

We arrived a little after Priority boarding had finished (missed the first free shuttle from our hotel), but as soon as we arrived at the terminal we were 'adopted' by a CCL employee who whisked us from the TSA checkpoint to the VIP check-in line. Our S&S cards had been pre-printed and were already waiting there in envelopes, they handed us a Priority boarding placard, and we were crossing the gangway into Liberty's atrium 7 minutes after clearing TSA.

Since my sister is mobility-impaired, this was a significant benefit for us, but it would have been pretty awesome even without that factor in play.

FTTF's priority tendering and priority dining reservations are a plus, but the critical thing for us was the priority line at Guest Services. Saved me at least an hour waiting on the first night.

Think this might be better if you are flying in at port close to pier or driving direct and can get there early.

Son on Dream. Flight arrived Orlando Airport appx 10:15. Used pre-paid Carnival transfers. Waited for shuttle. Arrived at port and was on ship at 1:00. Did have to wait at airport for shuttle to leave for awhile. Checking in at port was good as to not waiting in regular line. Received the two small suitcases around 2:00 which was also good. TBUT the two large ones that they really need had not arrived when I last talked to him at sail away at about 4:30. No contraband in those.

Maybe just a snag with their suitcases, but they were supposed to get luggage early...

Oh well. Just thought I would share. Worth the $50.00? Maybe.

Same problem with the Magic in April. No luggage until after 6pm.

I'm with you on 1, 2 and 3. I had to laugh at 4, that was pretty funny.

I would hope that the Platinum/diamond would not be upset with FTTF guests, they should be upset with Carnival if they don't like the FTTF program. But sadly, I suspect I am wrong on that one.

The much shorter line at the Pursers desk is awesome too. Which is where I get the best kick (and twisted humor) out of your #4.

Really don't understand the mentality of those who are upset. I for one love it. If it were not for the FTTF, we would not have gotten #1.

Don't bother me ;) ,have at it's your money.

I'm with you on 1, 2 and 3. I had to laugh at 4, that was pretty funny.

I would hope that the Platinum/diamond would not be upset with FTTF guests, they should be upset with Carnival if they don't like the FTTF program. But sadly, I suspect I am wrong on that one.

The much shorter line at the Pursers desk is awesome too. Which is where I get the best kick (and twisted humor) out of your #4.

If you were at the Platinum/Diamond Level, I doubt seriously, that you would be making these types of "twisted humor" statements...at the request of my Diamond rep at Carnival's Diamond desk, I have decided to copy and send some of these FTTF remarks to them...hopefully, they will see what sort of a "monster" they have created, and make appropriate changes to reinstill some of the benefits that have been taken from their most loyal passengers

Archived