1st Azura Russell Watson cruise-advice please

casperthecat

A friend and I are booked on the 4 night Russell Watson cruise on 5th July as she is a big fan. Could someone please advise on the following:-

I've read that he will do 3 identical shows on 3 of the nights. Is this correct and do you have to camp out for 3 hours to get a decent seat?

Can you pre book the specialty restaurants ie prior to sailing?

Re the stop for Bruges. Are there taxis easily available at the port or should we just book the official coach for £36 per person?

I'm scared of the buffet restaurant after reading the reviews! Is it really that bad? I've done a few RCL and a few on Seabourn. I know it won't compare to Seabourn, but it is a lot lower quality than Royal Caribbean?

Many thanks for any advice.

Not sure of the arrangements for Russell Watson but they my have ticket system so everyone gets to see him.

There are usually plenty of taxis to go to Bruges and if you can fill the taxi, probably cheaper than the coach. Plus the taxi will take you to the market square where coaches are not allowed. The alternative is to take the shuttle bus to Blankenberge where there is a train to Bruges that runs every hour.

It is not possible to prebook the speciality restaurants but you can book as soon as you get on board. There is never normally a problem.

Why use the buffet restaurant when the main restaurants are open and waiter served?

Brian

A friend and I are booked on the 4 night Russell Watson cruise on 5th July as she is a big fan. Could someone please advise on the following:-

I've read that he will do 3 identical shows on 3 of the nights. Is this correct and do you have to camp out for 3 hours to get a decent seat?

Hello casperthecat.

I can only offer the observation that Russell's recent 3-night cruise aboard Aurora was reasonably well organised with non-negotiable tickets being left in cabins at the start of the trip. I wasn't on that particular cruise but understand that he did more than one show per night in order to accommodate everyone but on the final night there was some spare capacity and a few people were allowed to have 'seconds'. There have been some comments about people trying to sneak in through the fire doors, and about musicians being seconded as 'security' on other forums but you can, if you'd like, read what one of Russell's fans wrote on his own Forum which may give you a 'flavour'. (Scroll down to Wed May 22nd). Here's to a great cruise in July.

Archived