Tell me about renting motor scooters in Bermuda!

LizzieTrowbridge

I am glad you mentioned how its easier to access the parking for the beaches on the south side if you are traveling west. I had not thought of that but it makes sense. Still thinking of driving on the right side. How was the traffic? Did it get heavier in Hamilton?

I am glad you mentioned how its easier to access the parking for the beaches on the south side if you are traveling west. I had not thought of that but it makes sense. Still thinking of driving on the right side. How was the traffic? Did it get heavier in Hamilton?

Yes, the traffic did get a bit heavier in Hamilton. On South Road it wasn't bad, but on the roads in and out of Hamilton it was definitely more crowded, especially at rush hour. I would aim to go to Hamilton mid day, maybe for a break from the sun, then head back to the beaches on the way home before rush hour. We have been to Bermuda a few times before so this trip we mostly just enjoyed the beaches and didn't spend a lot of time shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
Don’t need experience to ride a scooter

Firms give safety tips to beginners

used Elbow Beach Cycles and oleanders before

Couldn't agree more. I saw lots of other people renting them and they all looked to be doing fine. Didn't see anyone on our ship or otherwise who got hurt.

I'm still giving renting a scooter serious thought. Perhaps for a day. Have an MC endorsement and can ride 800+ lbs Harley's but yes, understand the possible dangers riding in Bermuda. Then again, can be as bad or worse in the states.

Any particular rental place better than others? :confused:

45 years of riding together, 14 bikes, from Honda 750 to Triumph Rocket 2300cc the scooter was a blast and a giggle.

As others stated, just need common sense

We rented right in Dockyard at Oleander, had the scooter for 3 days - you park your scooter right by the ship. This time, I am bringing my own helmet,and we ride two-up, so, some neoprene tubing/padding for the basket on the back - It did dig into my back a little and I am smallish

I did just put my personal scooter observations and experiences here........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874423&page=4

• 4 months later...